"All The Three's" Track Challenge

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: "All The Three's" Track Challenge

Post by Mad Dan »

Solution is to play it in windowed mode and to change resolution to square ;). I´d also suggest trackmakers to write recomended screen size (16:9 or 4:3) into track info.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Alonsomania wrote:On the other hand Ivo, it's 2011...
Out of detail, that GR is very often a favourite game for low-end or even vintage PCs, where I still don't expect widescreen. The temporal window mode is good idea however. BTW I have 16:9, but with old gr tracks (built before week or older) set on 4:3 with black bars on side, so it's not my case.
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

Partially 'hijacking' the thread... but for the bug-fix release, Markku has incorporated an experimental zooming adjustment based on screen ratio ;) It won't necessarily fix full-screen tracks, but it should stop things being cut off (at least, that's what we're hoping... and that's why it's experimental :p).
Areen

Post by Areen »

On the other hand Ivo, it's 2011...
In that case all of us should have quad-core processors, 4GB ram and the best graphic cards... I have 4:3 monitor too and this is still the most popular type of monitors with 1024x768px as most used resolution.

I will make next track for this challenge ;]
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Please stay on topic, guys.. ;)
Areen

Post by Areen »

I stay in topic so this is my impression:
parking.png
Attachments
Parking.rar
(11.84 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

A rally enthusiast as I am, here is my contribution. It's quite hard because of the hmap and the tight valley is also quite tricky, but I still find it fun to drive. The AI line isn't the best though, it's just too hard to make a universal line at such extreme hmapping. I suggest some slower terrene vehicles for the AIs (TuomoH's BMX cruise version works great for me ;) ).
Attachments
Peivai.zip
(73.32 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Peivai.jpg
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

OMG! :shock:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Herbal wrote:OMG! :shock:
+1
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Those stones are better than any Lmap cliff! :o
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Very impressive :bg:
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

I've had some spare time today and I tested all the tracks posted here.

Ciuthe - I was like "wut?" at first but then I let the AI drive a lap and it was all clear. :P I personally prefer the longer version. The track is already so that the short one is too short for me. I thought it would be much bumpier, but it really wasn't and I had fun racing it. Maybe there's a bit too much gravel in the centre for my taste, but it might just be the hmap making it look strange. Also I find the pits a bit awkwardly placed, I think you could arrange them like spectators, because with such short laps and nothing to crash into you don't really need the pits, that's my opinion.
Overall: a challenging but nice offroad mini track with tasteful object placing. :bg:

Majick - Looks delicious on the screenshot, but it's almost unplayable on my computer. :( I guess you tested it in 1.10 on 3:4 resolution or something? My laptop is 16:9 and the rightmost part of the track isn't shown. I've raced it regardless (relying on my gut feeling on that hairpin) and had quite some fun even so.
Overall: hard to rate, since I couldn't enjoy the complete track, but would otherwise probably be my favourite or the three. :kickcan:

Parking - I didn't think much of it from the picture, but it looks better ingame. There are 2 major things that are bothering me. First, and that's just the way I feel, you chose a very demanding combination of objects. :scratch: Soft walls are hard on the eyes and not for much else than being walls, stands look weird in such quantity without some surrounding scenery and sunk tyres are quite boring when you have only 3 types of objects on your disposal. The same goes for surfaces for that matter. They are all "solid" surfaces, that are always shown very strictly, if you know what I'm trying to say (1px of white will always show as 1px of white, when e.g. 1px of gravel is all over the place). Not a lot can be done with it, but you still did a solid job though. The other big thing are the pits. The way you made them gives you 2 options - either you can cut massively through the pits, or you lose a lap pitting. You chose the latter, I would have chosen the first, but none is the best. You should have planned the pits better. Other than that, I find the layout pretty good and I like how you dithered the yellow, so it doesn't come out so hard. :nod:
Overall: you did what you could with your objects and surfaces, but I feel you could do much more with a bit wiser choice (maybe another attempt? ;) ).
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!