[rwl] [cir] Delhi F1 Track

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
soumen08

[rwl] [cir] Delhi F1 Track

Post by soumen08 »

Hi,
Im pretty new to making tracks and Ive made the delhi F1 track. The layout is precise(but scaled). I live next to the track, and I went over to check-out its surroundings, and Ive tried to copy them as far as possible. Comments are welcome, and how about setting up a special F1 section so that all the good tracks can be brought together with new cars and we can get life back again? :) I can help since Ive compiled the entire F1 2011 season.
Regards,
Soumen
Attachments
Delhi.PNG
hDelhi.trk.zip
(21.49 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
Last edited by soumen08 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Martyn

Re: [rwl][cir]Dehli F1 Track

Post by Martyn »

leave spaces between tags and between tags and title, also a screenshot is needed
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Rendy

Re: [rwl] [cir] Dehli F1 Track

Post by Rendy »

Hmm... The layout is pretty good, though you need to fill up the empty spaces. Good job for you
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

First of all: welcome on board! :wave:

You know surely that the city's name is Delhi, I think you should rename (again...) the first post. However if you would ask me, I'd name the track rather to its official name, Jaypee Group Circuit.

About the track. Well, for a first track not bad at all. although I think you could have waited a bit more time, so that we know more about the circuit. But if you live close to the circuit, then I think you may be able to find some maps about the place, and with this, you could improve the track itself.

Are you looking for a thread where reallife racing circuits are summarized? Well, you should check G-tracks kept in order by Bouncebackability.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
soumen08

Post by soumen08 »

Hi,
I understand the track does not look very good, but the empty spaces are there on the real track as well.
Regards,
Soumen

Merged double reply from Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:15 am:

Hi,
Really didnt notice that typo :) Sorry guys, it is indeed Delhi.. So, Like I said, the track at this point pretty much looks like this. As it is futher built, I will add stuff to it. These patches are bright green at this point though. Jaypee Group is the construction company making the track AFAIK. When it gets a name, Ill put it in. These things are pretty trivial IMHO, please let me know if there is anything else I should do.
I was wondering if I should oil up the pit lane, that should slow down the cars on it? Any other such suggestions?
Also, Im looking for a F1 only section, something like Lwing used to maintain on the racesimcentral forum?
Soumen

p.s. This isnt my first track, and Im quite an old timer on GR(I saw the first few releases) but this is probably my best work anyway :)