[mic] [cir] Bennington

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

[mic] [cir] Bennington

Post by nielske »

Hey guys

I don't remember when my previous track was released, but I know it was long before :rsc: went :rip:.

I got a message from LongBow the other day, and he told me a new version was released. A long while ago, I made myself the promise that I'd release a new track when a new version would come out, provided it had new objects in the TE. And it does! So here you go. It's been a while, for me, so my track making skills may be a bit rusty, but I still hope you enjoy this one.
bennington.png
It may be a very small track, but every turn has its own character. The top one has a little dip before it, and you have to go back in for the next turn, which places the apex much further into the turn than you might expect. The next one looks pretty straightforward, but you can't approach it from the outside too much, due to a slight negative incline. You can retain a lot of speed for this one, but just as soon as it's behind you, a hairpin awaits. Then it's building up speed towards the finish. Lots of space here, but don't get complacent or you'll crash into the bridge, or end up too wide!
bennington2.png
bennington3.png
Enjoy, and tell me what you think. And what your best lap time is! Mine (so far) is the track record in the download, below.
Attachments
Bennington.zip
(32.46 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [mic] [cir] Bennington

Post by Garbre »

Everybody! Nielske has a new track!!! Gonna test it soon but from the looks I can tell: solid, GR-ish(reminds me a bit of Masa's works) and the heigthmap looks like an adventure. Oh, and those screenies! :love:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

It is great that you guys, who found GR in these old days, are coming back :yummy: though you don´t know me as I´m relatively new to GR :D.
I´m glad you still keep your arcade style (that is not bad, that is fun and fun is great :bg:).
I think that new objects from version 1.10 can lead tracks to become more arcade and stuntish :scratch:.
Anyway :D I hope you are going to stay with us for some time now :).

As Garbre I also like these eye-candies you´ve posted ;).
Primeracer

Post by Primeracer »

Here is one of the most considered trakmakers on this community, Nielsk, experienced on his many released tracks. I'd admirated his works as well lik others.

This track works very hany on his own style, it is sufficientee like it were created, i can start to search for things could suposedly could appearing better, but it reached already a sufficiency!

Welcome back :up:

Merged double reply from Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:18 pm:
Dan Hakulín wrote:It is great that you guys, who found GR in these old days, are coming back :yummy: though you don´t know me as I´m relatively new to GR :D.
I´m glad you still keep your arcade style (that is not bad, that is fun and fun is great :bg:).
I think that new objects from version 1.10 can lead tracks to become more arcade and stuntish :scratch:.
Anyway I hope you are going to stay with us for some time now

As Garbre I also like these eye-candies you´ve posted.
I see another spirit on you here haq... It is the point...
Try other tracks by myself: Agrestina -Tristar - Petra
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Primeracer: Come on, do you really still want to continue with that conversation? :really:
What is your problem with me? (rhetorical question)

EDIT: post number 1111 :D time to celebrate that nice number :drunken:
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Probably he would like all to say about everything "It's perfect". You didn't say that about nielske's track, so you are criticized, that's the point ;)

The track is great in it's simplicity and looks very oldschoolish - just like it was made seven or more years ago :).
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Gentlemen, keep in main theme of this topic, please. Thanks.

Edit: btw BL 5.73 sec.in hotlap settings. It's great track. :bg:
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

Lorenzo wrote:The track is great in it's simplicity and looks very oldschoolish - just like it was made seven or more years ago :).
I guess that's what happens when you try to make a comeback :D

I admit it's pretty simple and nothing super awesome, but it's fun to drive, a type of track I like to drive a lot of laps on, and... it's got a pretty cool wall under the stands on the left, haha. I never knew that it was possible to have 'floating walls' like that!

(Dan, if you're 'haq', I do remember you)
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

I agree with Lorenzo about it looking old. It's almost like I traveled with a time machine. (if you ignore the new objects) That isn't necessarily a bad thing though, it's great to see some tracks with the cleaner old-school look :yummy:

This track is nice fun when hotlapping, but it isn't as enjoyable in a race with AI's. The hmap is great, especially that treacherous bump after bottom hairpin :mrgreen: A special remark for the stone wall/cliff, it looks glorious :bg:

It's great to see you back, you were always one of my favorite trackmakers. Your old-school style stands out from most of the tracks, especially nowadays. I hope to see more tracks by you.
By the way, 5.66 :cflag:
Primeracer

Post by Primeracer »

Ivo Porč wrote:Gentlemen, keep in main theme of this topic, please. Thanks.

Edit: btw BL 5.73 sec.in hotlap settings. It's great track. :bg:
It is not needed to this Ivo... :shake3:
Try other tracks by myself: Agrestina -Tristar - Petra
Flaming_Wuzzle
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Flaming_Wuzzle »

Normally I don't bother personally driving tracks because I tend to be horrible at it, but I keep forgetting that fact every time a track like this comes out. I think "well, the lap's too short for something to go wrong every lap", but then something goes wrong every lap and I end up going over the sunk tyres or hitting the wall on the exit of the next-to-last corner, cursing at myself every time it happens. Only a few times did I (somehow) manage to not do anything horrible and the fastest of those resulted in a....5.84. :oops:

This is why I just watch the AI race most of the time.

Anyway, I'm glad to see another old member back with another great track.
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Nielske is back in action :heyea:

This little tracks is actually quite good. I like the flow and the "old school" feeling when racing :bg:
I manage to do a 6,14 with my lagging problems but Im sure I can get under 6.00 :mrgreen:

BTW I sent you an email a couple of days ago but I got no reply. Did you get it or is it lost in cyberspace? :D
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Flaming Wuzzle: Why do you think most of my tracks are short? I'm pretty awful myself. Hotlapping is all I ever do (or rather, did, 'cos I hadn't played the game in a year before yesterday).

LongBow: And thanks to you! I wouldn't have known about the new version otherwise. No, your e-mail reached me just fine :) I just needed to find some time to collect everything I needed. I didn't want you to do all the work. I just uploaded all of my old tracks in a new thread. Check my signature for a link
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

Ha-ha-ha!:laughs with joy: This track is tricky! You have to keep the throttle down or you'll end up missing a corner! What a challenging track! But don't try to race with all the other cars, it's a joke :rofl: . I've tried it with some karts I have and it looks like they are also too fast for this track. My time? :sweatdrop: How the hell did you guys manage to go below 6 seconds?! I can't even go below 7!! :weep:Oh, well! The track is just like you described, no jawdropping scennery, but it's a lot of fun. Great deal I think! Your style hasn't changed a bit through these years! Thanks a lot for you and Longbow for putting up the old tracks! LA River and Portland surely brings back memories! :roll:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

Odd that you're all reporting trouble with 5 AI's. Apart from the first lap or so (which admittedly is quite messy), I found it quite doable. Of course it's a lot more fun with 3 cars (or alone, of course)
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

nielske wrote:Odd that you're all reporting trouble with 5 AI's. Apart from the first lap or so (which admittedly is quite messy), I found it quite doable. Of course it's a lot more fun with 3 cars (or alone, of course)
Actually I find 1 against 1 is the best option for this track.

@ Garbre nielske is responsible for all this "mess"....I only triggered the thing :flip:
LAVI
Location: From your home drive straight, right, left, right, U-turn, left, right, left, straight and TADA!

Post by LAVI »

I like this track. Fun to drive, nice hmap! 5/5
LAVIProductions2011
-------------------------------------------------------------
Owner of team WaveRace