[tpk] [cir] [ovl] Entija Park Motorsports

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Santana 2.0

[tpk] [cir] [ovl] Entija Park Motorsports

Post by Santana 2.0 »

Destinated to GR1.10 only.

After sometime, I give you my newest (not really, cause is a reediction) track:
Entija Park Motorsports.

A little bit of history, with this, you can understand what I do in this track xD (fictional, of course)
"Four decades ago, a simple track was made by the city government of Entija, a small city in the West coast of Canada. It was made to give some entertain to those who own fast cars, but don't have place to put some gas on it...
Years later, the new government decided to invest in the track, in partnership with B-Win, and it looked like this:
Entija Old
Entija Old
The problem is, after this investment, the new governments didn't care much about the condition of the track, making their structure remained unchanged without investments for years. That left the track off of several major categories at the national level.
Luckily, the track was bought by a billionaire businessman of technology, that seen in it means of expanding its influence over new audiences. The track was officially closed in 2005 to, completely reformed, be re-opened in late 2010, now back to sports calendars national and even international, to the delight of the people of Entija.
"
Entija
Entija
The pack contain 6 layouts, the GP, two Internationals, two national layouts (using the back-pits) and the oval layout.

I need to thank Otto, who helped with many ideas for the reissue of the track. Thanks friend! :bg:

And at last but not least, I want to hear of you, what you think about the track, and what mistakes I can fix for next tracks. Thanks!

EDIT - Problem with checkpoints in oval fixed!
Attachments
Entija Park Motorsport.rar
Entija download - Oval fixed
(315.07 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Last edited by Santana 2.0 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Revenge is never full, it kills the soul and poisons. (By Seu Madruga)
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: [tpk] [cir] [ovl] Entija Park Motorsports

Post by Herbal »

Well, your track has indeed some interesting chicanes, and curves, but IMO you just can't have a proper pause on the track, it needs much concentration. Actually there are only two flaws, like not constant (or at least not on reasonable places inconstant) track width, and if I would be you, I would reorganize the connections to make the track rather like a test centre. (and actually the current trend is to have more edgy curves)

THE POST WILL BE EDITED TO POST MY VERSION!

Edit 1: Just spotted that oval version's checkpoints are wrong. Lap ends on the back "straight".

Edit 2: pics finally added. Maybe a bit messy, but I only wanted to show how I would have connected different roads.
Attachments
my edited version, done in cc. 20 minutes
my edited version, done in cc. 20 minutes
original version
original version
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Is only me or the track is based on Ricardo Tormo?
Primeracer

Post by Primeracer »

It´s layout have similarities with Bahrain GP circuit. I will race soem laps by now. At a first impression this is the tuype of track that can be very good on layout indeeed. :scratch:
Try other tracks by myself: Agrestina -Tristar - Petra
Primeracer

Post by Primeracer »

Very well. After some laps i do really got what i supposed about. The track is fun and fun to drive! I walk with formula and was i though it was nice driving a Yankee, it´s a fast track, good for higher speed cars, a balanced layout to me

Must to point some issues on hmap, the could be smoothen in some parts, i don't know what tools do you have at your disposal but some part of the track were too bumpy, the car, well i can consider it being as part of the track original feature if it's in fact.

I may say about lmap, you can try some way for making a more elaborated transition between terrain on scape/infield areas, plus we can see many turns are like a sharp edges, it is better make rounded turns. I don't now if you wanted to make it round, but rounded corners are for certain a smoother choice.
Try other tracks by myself: Agrestina -Tristar - Petra
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

I wish you could make the kart track...
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Santana 2.0

Post by Santana 2.0 »

Herbal wrote:Well, your track has indeed some interesting chicanes, and curves, but IMO you just can't have a proper pause on the track, it needs much concentration. Actually there are only two flaws, like not constant (or at least not on reasonable places inconstant) track width, and if I would be you, I would reorganize the connections to make the track rather like a test centre. (and actually the current trend is to have more edgy curves)

THE POST WILL BE EDITED TO POST MY VERSION!

Edit 1: Just spotted that oval version's checkpoints are wrong. Lap ends on the back "straight".

Edit 2: pics finally added. Maybe a bit messy, but I only wanted to show how I would have connected different roads.
I don't understand what exactly you say with "can't have a proper pause". This means that don't have easy turns?

Checkpoints fixed, will update in few minutes.

I understand what you say about road, I really like what you do in the middle part but, don't have certain about that on the final turns, maybe, it's for my "turn-straight" before last turn... :D
S. Manzur wrote:Is only me or the track is based on Ricardo Tormo?
For me isn't... :shrug:
Primeracer wrote:Must to point some issues on hmap, the could be smoothen in some parts, i don't know what tools do you have at your disposal but some part of the track were too bumpy, the car, well i can consider it being as part of the track original feature if it's in fact.
I may say about lmap, you can try some way for making a more elaborated transition between terrain on scape/infield areas, plus we can see many turns are like a sharp edges, it is better make rounded turns. I don't now if you wanted to make it round, but rounded corners are for certain a smoother choice.
The middle part it was like "intentional", but, I really need to make a little better. I only use the TE to make the HMAP... About the turns, for some reason, this track come with various hairpins, I don't know why, I made different types of turns everytime I start a track, but, I don't know...
Thunderstrucker wrote:I wish you could make the kart track...
Can you make it? You're better than me in mini's... :mrgreen:

Thank you very much with comments, soon I'll try to rearrange the track with this features. :bg:
Revenge is never full, it kills the soul and poisons. (By Seu Madruga)
Bunchies

Post by Bunchies »

I like the first section a lot. With the H-map the way it is, the car constantly feels on edge, and it's very exciting.
Santana 2.0 wrote:I don't understand what exactly you say with "can't have a proper pause". This means that don't have easy turns?
I think he means a track element, usually a straight, that allows for some rest from a combination of turns/elements before. For example, Shanghai International Circuit has the back straight, that allows a little recovery time from the high speed corners before. Suzuka has the flyover to 130R onto the main straight that allows for mental recovery before going back into high speed esses and degner complex. They have straights linked by relatively easy elements (hairpin, chicane), that sandwich the more difficult corners. It's like a break from hitting apexes for the mind to rest.
LAVI
Location: From your home drive straight, right, left, right, U-turn, left, right, left, straight and TADA!

Post by LAVI »

Very nice track! I don't perssonally find any problems from this track! 5/5! :bg:
LAVIProductions2011
-------------------------------------------------------------
Owner of team WaveRace