[stu] HillsBeach Hotel (and "Ze Old Suicidal")

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Pasketi

[stu] HillsBeach Hotel (and "Ze Old Suicidal")

Post by Pasketi »

HillsBeach Hotel
HillsBeach.png
HillsBeach is a lovely hotel with 5 star accommodation, restaurant, beautiful sea-view from nearby hill and a private beach, just behind the hotel. The hotel has also a dark secret: The only piece of land, they didn't purchase, has an old Suicidal race-track, still in use. They blocked all ways in or out with sturdy fence and vegetation... However, the racers wanted to expand their track, so they breached the fence, took their crew to the Limousine-parking and, against the hotel's all efforts to throw them away, extended their track.

The hotel isn't ruined, no... It's better than ever, and selling a wonderful, new way to explore the territory: Driving the new track to the hills, and jumping back to beach! They even transformed the scenery spot to stands, so all the most enthusiastic racing fans could watch, how up to 6 drivers eat their will to live, and jump off the cliff to the old suicidal track.
HBArt.png
This is HillsBeach Hotel. Welcome!

Track info: 100% TE, no external programs.
Length: ~15 seconds with general.
Style: Stunt
Download:
HillsBeach.zip
(14.37 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Alternative:
Ze Old Suicidal
old suicidal.png
Download:
Old suicidal.zip
(14.35 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Enjoy!

:feedback:

EDIT: Might be making another variation of the track: The "Old suicidal track" (Only the inner racing track, on the lower end a U-turn)

UPDATE:
- Tweaked AI line a bit. Test results:
*Skills: 0, 50, 100, 150, 200; Car: General; Laps: 11; Cars stuck at first drop: NONE
*Skills: 200; Car: Formula; Laps: 11; Cars stuck at first drop: NADA
*Skills: 0; Car: Go-Kart; Laps: 11; Cars stuck at first drop: ZIP
*Skills: 100; Car: RazorDrifter; Laps: 11; Cars stuck at first drop: NOPE.AVI
- Added "Ze Old Suicidal track"
Last edited by Pasketi on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Never let GeneRally die!
The MNZ

Re: [stu] HillsBeach Hotel

Post by The MNZ »

Crazy one! In what place on Earth we will found something similar? A unique!
Pasketi

Post by Pasketi »

S. Manzur wrote:Crazy one! In what place on Earth we will found something similar? A unique!
I take that as a compliment :) As always, I tried my best. I'm still working on my HMapping skills, but I think I'm getting a hang of it... Positive feedback is always a pleasure. Since I'm a Finnish gamer, GR is somewhat important to me as a retro gaming experience :)
Never let GeneRally die!
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

Certainly not impressive to look at, but wow, that takes me back ;) Did you purposely stay away from external editors?

It's the type of track I loved to play 7 years ago, when I first found this game. It's fun, well planned, has a true GeneRally spirit and it even has a little background story.

In my 35 lap race, I lost 3 out of 6 drivers within 12 laps, though. All stuck in the water somewhere. Which is part of the charm. But most of it did not seem to be caused by spectacular crashes, but because the AI hit the trees and bushes inside T1 right before the jump.

Please keep creating tracks like this, because we have too few of them nowadays. The finishing could be a little smoother though
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //
Pasketi

Post by Pasketi »

nielske wrote:Certainly not impressive to look at, but wow, that takes me back ;) Did you purposely stay away from external editors?
Yes. I am one of a kind retro generally gamer. I use only the original TE, because I think Räbinäs made the game (apart from car editor) mostly standalone. Even though they added the external editing possibility, I've hardly used it. All of my tracks (Except Ferno Ring) are made and mostly will be made using only the original TE.

It gives it a retro feel, and gives a lot more of freedom. You have all you need in TE, you need nothing else.

EDIT: First post updated for Nielske:
nielske wrote:In my 35 lap race, I lost 3 out of 6 drivers within 12 laps, though. All stuck in the water somewhere. Which is part of the charm. But most of it did not seem to be caused by spectacular crashes, but because the AI hit the trees and bushes inside T1 right before the jump.
See the details in first post.
Never let GeneRally die!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Pasketi wrote:gives a lot more of freedom.
Using just one tool instead of many? It may force you to be more imaginative with what you have but it certainly doesn't give you more freedom. ;)

I like the idea a lot, downloaded but not yet tested.
Pasketi

Post by Pasketi »

TuomoH wrote:
Pasketi wrote:gives a lot more of freedom.
Using just one tool instead of many? It may force you to be more imaginative with what you have but it certainly doesn't give you more freedom. ;)

I like the idea a lot, downloaded but not yet tested.
Ok I take that back... What I meant was, that you don't really need anything else. Could say "Freedom from external software", eh?
Never let GeneRally die!