Joint Effort Tree - a slightly different Joint Effort

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Joint Effort Tree - a slightly different Joint Effort

Post by Lukeno94 »

Any progress on this, Brix?
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Sorry I didn't update you guys, it somehow slipped my mind.. Emil sent me his tracks, meaning I now have all tracks and I'm slowly putting them in order (some are missing or have bad AI lines or similar issues). And I (again) thank you, Brix, for offering your hand in this project. I'll reserve you a spot in our next project for sure! :up:

I believe this pack will be out early next week, if we can decide on track names that is. :)
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
puttz

Post by puttz »

How about mountain names?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

Great Idea! Here´s a list from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_mountains
We could just take the 16 highest mountains
Buka

Post by Buka »

Scholl wrote:Great Idea! Here´s a list from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_mountains
We could just take the 16 highest mountains
Maybe not from Earth. K2 or Kangchenjunga would be ridiculous names. Mars' mountains have better names, IMHO... :scratch:
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

puttz wrote:How about mountain names?
Even though it's an attractive idea, I'll repeat what I said in one of the previous projects; I'm against naming our tracks with names of actual places, as the names can be misleading. For instance, if I see a track named "Everest", I'll expect an offroad mountain suicide mission, not a calm road track. Maybe a spin-off of names, something like we did with the previous project?
Buka wrote:Mars' mountains have better names, IMHO... :scratch:
I sort of like this. :P
Visit My GeneRally site!
ACM

Post by ACM »

How about rock types?
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

ACM wrote:How about rock types?
That could work. I imagine names like Skarn, Quartz, Porphyry, Limestone, Oolite,... :cool2:

Sadly I have to inform you guys, that I bit off more than I can chew with that "release date" I promised last week. Due to increased workload and some other stuff going on, I won't have time to finish sorting out the tracks at least until next tuesday, and even then I can't promise anything. I'll try my best to release the pack as soon as possible, but I still want to do this right.

In the meantime, what does everyone think of rock names like ACM suggested? Or still some other ideas?
Visit My GeneRally site!
puttz

Post by puttz »

Sounds good to me :bg:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Rock names sound good to me, you've suggested some nice ones there :up:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Rock names are good idea :bg:.
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Guys, I'm really sorry for the delay, but I was away all this time and couldn't work on the project since the last time I posted. I hope I'll find some time soon, even though I'm in over my head in college work. I just wanted to let you know that this isn't dead, please bear with me. :sweatdrop:

Merged double reply from Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:01 pm:

Guys, I'm really sorry for the delay, but I was away all this time and couldn't work on the project since the last time I posted. I hope I'll find some time soon, even though I'm in over my head in college work. I just wanted to let you know that this isn't dead, please bear with me. :sweatdrop:
Visit My GeneRally site!
puttz

Post by puttz »

Any progress report? If you're so busy, perhaps you should turn over the tracks to someone else who has time to finish what you have left to do so they can be released in the next week or two. All the tracks are done, we're just (im)patiently waiting for the release :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Is there any chance to get the tracks posted at some point? :worried:
puttz

Post by puttz »

He hasn't been on in over a week. Probably really busy. If that is the case, though, perhaps the tracks should just be released as is or handed to someone else to ft and release.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

No need to panic, I'm sure egamad will release the pack as soon as possible, it's a pity it collides with his uni work, but it's not his fault that it happened, but of people like me, who delayed earlier stages. :shrug:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Um, has any progress been made? It's been over 2 months now :vsad:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Areen

Post by Areen »

Yeah, I wonder if it's gonna be released in some time...
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

This is kind of a good news/bad news situation, depends on whether your glass is half full or half empty.

If it's the latter, I regret to tell you this pack is not going to be released any time soon. Reasons for that lay behind a simple fact, that the unfinished pack is buried somewhere on my desktop pc at home, and I'm currently tangled up somewhere inbetween college, my job and my sports career. Even gathering all the finished and half-finished tracks would require at least one free afternoon with my old computer at home, which is currently not an option for me. Sadly this project was delayed to such extent, that I had to start with my college work, which prevented me to actively fix/retouch all the tracks, that were coming in through email. As you all probably know, falling behind on any work just makes it so much harder to pick up later on, and the pile was becoming bigger and bigger for me, with this project as with college. This hopefully also goes without saying, there are things in life, that take precedence over GeneRally (blasphemy!) :shhh: Consequently I haven't been active on the forum from around that time either.

On the bright side, I sure will not let all your hard work go to waste, I plan to release this pack at one point. I will hopefully find some spare time in December, at least to gather all the pieces and forward them on to another forum member to finish, if I won't be able to do that myself.
I sincerely regret this got delayed so much, and I'm very sorry I couldn't deliver the pack after I got all the tracks in. But please, don't give up on me just yet. :sorry:
Visit My GeneRally site!
puttz

Post by puttz »

He hasn't been on in about 2 months :worried: I wonder what has happened to all of the tracks?
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Hello good people of GeneRally! :wave:

I've stumbled upon some old JET pictures and got nostalgic, thinking that it might be time to start another project (it's been over 3 years since we released the last one!).

As I haven't really touched GR since around the same time, I have no idea who of the guys that have participated in the past are still active, and who the "new" guys are, and if there are even enough active trackmakers to get the thing done. If you are unfamiliar with the project, take a peek on the first page of this thread to get the idea.

So... what does anyone think, are we ready for another JET? :yummy:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I'd do it :D 4 squares and maybe a smaller WS we could pull it off :).
Marco

Post by Marco »

I could try :)
Owner of Wulff Motorsport team and car company
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All my released tracks and cars
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Given that there should be 15 people (not counting dropouts) to pull this off, we need *a bit* more people to participate. :P Anyone else interested?
Visit My GeneRally site!
Onik37

Post by Onik37 »

Hmmm... it sounds interesting :scratch:
Can I try? :D
Onik37 approves >uO