[cir] [rwl] Barbagallo

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] [rwl] Barbagallo

Post by Scholl »

I know there´s already a Black Rebel (whom I admire like a god) version of this track.
But I tried my luck on this one because it´s my favourite real life track.

Enjoy
Attachments
Barbagello.zip
(42.72 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
shot0011.jpg
Last edited by Scholl on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Barbagello

Post by XYY »

Hello Scholl88,
you need to put a tag to the topic's name so that everyone can find it in search. I suggest you to put [cir] [rwl] there and if you're not sure how to add them, read the Handbook for uploading tracks.

And isn't it called Barbagallo? :D
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] [rwl] Barbagallo

Post by Scholl »

Hey XYY
Thank you for the tipps. I´m new to uploading tracks here so I didn´t know exactly how to do it.
And I was too lazy to read the instruction ;)

Yes it is called Barbagallo...I always get this wrong :D
felipebart

Post by felipebart »

I've never seen black's version, but i can say that your track is great too! Beautiful lmap and object positioning
Alex

Post by Alex »

:iagree: Very good track, have you practiced before? :D
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

I have to say I like this version :up: I'll add a few notes:

I find it a little strange with the width of the road changing every now and then but I'm assuming its similar to what it's like in real life. It doesn't seem to do affect the racing too much but for the most part it's plenty wide enough.

The HMap is intensely steep on that hill. It may just need a tad of smoothing or be lowered just a tiny bit. It feels fine to race on but I heard the cars (Formula) lifting when I was going down hill on the back straight. The good thing is that you got the HMap correct :bsmile:

I like what you've done with the pits and other scenery LMap wise (even the boom gate in the parking lot). Was good to see the invisible wall put to good use. :)

There are a few minor gaps in the concrete walls and haybales surrounding the circuit but nothing too bad.

AI was good, maybe just a tiny fraction quicker but they were consistent and they beat me on the first go (100AI with Formula)

I can understand why you put mud around the sunk tyres but I don't think it needed it, but that's my opinion.

You did a very good job at capturing what the circuit looks and feels like. Like most Australian circuits its a bit neglected and is more suited to club level and it drives well. I'm going on a limb here by saying it's my favourite version of this circuit (I think people may disagree) because it races well and I enjoy it :bg:
View my archived circuits/cars here
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

Thank you very much for the comments.
I´m not totally new to trackmaking. But I just started uploading tracks in this forum.
I´m doing it at least for the last 5 or 6 years so I might upload some more tracks soon.

About the Hmap. I know I overdid it a little bit, but it was totally on purpose. My intention was not to recreate the track as exactly as possible but to transform the feeling and the atmosphere into Generally.....
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The touch by lmap art is perfect - not just few not too much. Great work. :bowdown:
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Great version of Barbagallo! Really would like to see more RWL from you mate.
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

OMG I feel so honored :goodvibes:

I´ve got some other real tracks which I just need to update a little bit and then I will upload them in the near future.

Currently I am working on phoenix park (ireland) which is pretty difficult to do because there aren´t many pictures of the actual race-track.
So I have to stick to google earth to get the Lmap right.
(if anybody got some material...I could really need it :? )

Anyways. It´s one of the few tracks in western europe which hasn´t been built for generally yet.
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

There are some more good and challenging circuits out there in Eastern Europe... I am working in one of those currently.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

I liek the exaggerated height mapping - it gives the track a lot more life and feel, which is needed desperately in GeneRally tracks.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

By the way schooll88, we share favourite track! I like a lot aswell Symmons Plains as one of my favourites too.
Woppoz

Post by Woppoz »

Good version of Barbagallo mate :)

I really like the track, especially after I had online V8Factor race there on rFactor :P Was so funny lol
Anyways, just a great version, makes it difficult for me now what version to use, your version or Black Rebel version :P
Listen to my favourite song here

And subscribe to my YouTube account here

aka. Inca4life
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

:bg: I really like Symmons Plains too.
As well as most of the tracks in Australia and New Zeeland. They are still real "nature" tracks and they have been designed for driving pleasure and not only for safety and convenience like all the modern circuits....