[cir] [rwl] Oulton Park Fosters Circuit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TomMcKay

[cir] [rwl] Oulton Park Fosters Circuit

Post by TomMcKay »

Hey! I made a track, thought I would share it. This is the short Fosters layout at Oulton Park which is in England. The BTCC used this layout from 1995-1999, and it is mostly used for club racing these days. This is rougly meant to represent how Oulton Park was in 1997/98 but I have used a lot of artistic licence. It is quite narrow and tricky and the AI are tough. Hope you enjoy it! I haven't uploaded a track for a good 8 or 9 months...
Attachments
Oulton.zip
(36.12 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
oultonfosters.jpg
felipebart

Re: [cir] [rwl] Oulton Park Fosters Circuit

Post by felipebart »

A good track, but i detected some hmap issues. Try to smooth some parts and add some detais on the middle of the track.
TomMcKay

Post by TomMcKay »

Thanks felipebart. What car were you using? I designed this for the Formula car and there aren't any issues with that. The hmap is quite intense though, but it is smooth. I think if you use anything faster than the Formula it might be too intense. I don't agree with you about detail in the middle, the infield at Oulton is quite sparse. There is the right mix of empty space and details etc. I've made detailed empty space if you see what I mean.
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

Being launched down a bowling alley at high speeds, with as many ups-and-downs as a rollercoaster? Sounds good to me.

Very challenging track. Maybe a little too hard for me, but in a good way. It makes me want to perfect my lap, not shut my computer down in anger.

I'm not sure I like it as much, visually, though (it's not because of the infield -- I don't mind sparse areas).
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //