[cir] Sunrise Valley Circuit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
YoNnie

[cir] Sunrise Valley Circuit

Post by YoNnie »

Hello guys!
I done my latest work called Sunrise Valley Circuit.
Hope you'll accept and enjoy it. I experimented with objects on lmap a little, if you can, tell me if it looks good (or not).
I'm waiting for comments, good and bad :)
Attachments
Sunrise Valley.PNG
Sunrise.rar
(63.27 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
ALL TRACKS
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Sunrise Valley Circuit

Post by Scholl »

Really, really cool!
The layout is good and the mix of permanent and road circuit is a great idea.

Just some (very minor) criticism:
You should maybe add something in the apexes of corners.
Maybe little bumps in the hmap or bushes, trees. It´s to easy to simply cut straight through the corners.
You could maybe give the road-street a reason for those bends. No one would build a street with corners if there wouldn´t be any obstacle in the way...

The Lmap trucks are nice. But kind they look kind of misplaced and lonely. Maybe you could add some more object in the infield.
The ambulances on the left of the start/finish line are slightly out of perspective.

4,5/5 Stars
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Thanks scholl for the comment!
Yeah, corners are "fantastic" to cut, but I didn't want to make too many objects. Just free place. I think placing bushes and tress averywhere is.. bored.
Also, you've right, this road street haven't sense, but I had some idea and, you know, I wanted do that just like is on track.
I try to make cars better and better, I'm happy that only ambulances are bad, because it's thing what is easy to improve.
However thanks for comment :)
ALL TRACKS
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Only detail, you often tend to make runoffs in wrong way. E.g. 1st turn, the runoff should be deepest in direction of the s/f straight but in your case it's where wall is nearest. Same the 90° right-hander in top-left. Try to compare it with e.g. maka's Curvenring.

And landscape, good idea to expand the water, the lake/river now looks much much better than in preview! :bg: The road to paddock looks too narrow (considering the trucks), it could be as wide as the public road itself and with a pedestrian on one side (ended by pedestrian bridge to the parking on left). :scratch:
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Thanks Trigger for comment!
I won't be denied, you've right about everything. But i know where it came from - I wanted to end this track fast - it's my little minus - I have a lot of ideas and few time for it.
Thanks again for coment :)
Someone else?
ALL TRACKS
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Apparently nobody has mentioned so far it looks very Montreal-esque, just without the Wall of Champions, so you got my :2c: on your work.
YoNnie wrote: Yeah, corners are "fantastic" to cut, but I didn't want to make too many objects. Just free place. I think placing bushes and tress averywhere is.. bored.
That might work out well when you intend to create a historical circuit from the seventies or something similar when the safety regulations weren't as strict as today's standards.

Nice work btw. :bg:

4.5/5
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

YoNnie wrote:Thanks scholl for the comment!
Yeah, corners are "fantastic" to cut, but I didn't want to make too many objects. Just free place. I think placing bushes and trees everywhere is.. bored.
That's where other type of objects would come in, like road cones, advert bars, bumps...

You could have placed several proper runoffs around some curves, or even just leaving some place at them. This could have worked at the hairpin, but maybe at carousel, too, although it's not a big problem now, as it is an oldschool curve.

I like the road-americanesque (or road americanese?) inverted esses too, they should be a real challenge to take these curves flatout.

So, in conclusion: I love the circuit, but I can see there several mistakes, which could have been prevented fairly easily. You receive from me 4/5.

EDIT: one more problem: it is not clear for me, if the track would be clockwise or anti-clockwise, primarily because of several poor runoff selections.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Thanks Dukla and Herbal :) Every opinion is important to me.
Yeah, it reminds Montreal a little. If track would be antclockwise, there would be wall of champions..
I make many, sometimes stupid, mistakes, but I'm still learning and learning, I hope some time I will be as good trackmaker as Ivo, BBA, Areen, Maciej..
ALL TRACKS