[rwl] [cir] Autódromo Internacional Ayrton Senna - Caruaru

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Fermmoylle

Post by Fermmoylle »

I think this is my first attempt at creating a real life track. The difficult part, I think, was to recreate the surroundings, as this track is located at a remote part of the country, albeit near a big city (Caruaru).

The real life competitions held there are: Campeonato Brasileiro de Rali de Velocidade, Copa Renault Clio, Copa Turismo GNV, Copa Turismo N, CTM2000, Fórmula Truck, Mil Milhas Brasil, Pick-Up Racing, Stock Car Brasil, Stock Car Light and Stock Junior.

I'd like a few tips on how to improve this track (if you see anything that needs to be improved)... Yet, I think it's a good circuit to race on.
Attachments
caruaru.jpg
caruaru.zip
(57.5 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Marcelo "Fermmoylle" Paschoalin
DuklaLiberec

Re: [rwl] [cir] Autódromo Internacional Ayrton Senna - Carua

Post by DuklaLiberec »

In my opinion, the track looks quite good. 7/10
Well done!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yeah it looks OK, maybe not as good as your other tracks. The lakes' hmap is a bit rough and there are no barriers on the track attol.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Fermmoylle

Post by Fermmoylle »

Alex wrote:(...) and there are no barriers on the track attol.
There are no barriers on the real track either. It's my understanding the real life tracks, when emulated, should be as faithful as one can be. In my defense, there are few invisible walls here...
Alex

Post by Alex »

Fermmoylle wrote:
There are no barriers on the real track either. It's my understanding the real life tracks, when emulated, should be as faithful as one can be. In my defense, there are few invisible walls here...
Oh ok. Sorry for being so insolent before. :shy:
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Fermmoylle

Post by Fermmoylle »

Alex wrote:
Fermmoylle wrote:
Oh ok. Sorry for being so insolent before. :shy:
I didn't took that as an insolence. :-) Maybe I should have attached an aerial photo of the circuit in order to illustrate that.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

WTF! Why do you brazilians have three Autódromos Internacionales Ayrton Senna - and I didn't find your recreation on google earth at all ;)

But I found other aerials and I spot a few things:
- The lake behind the pits has a bit wrong shape
- The chicane at the long backstraight is not sharp enough - though you can't make it hard to drive. I just didn't see a chicane in the first moment ;) and it's also a bit too late if you ask me
- You should have made this concrete wall/soft wall at the whole backstraight and put the stands behind - it looks better and it's also like that in real life :)
- The grass dithering is too brown, but not sandy enough (talking about the atmosphere)
- between SF-straight and long backstraight, there seems to be a line through the grass (according to this photo). You could try it :P

Maybe these hints will help you. But for a first rwl this is not bad :bg:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Probably the same as I believe the Argentinians have more than one Autodromo Juan Manuel Fangio ;)
Fermmoylle

Post by Fermmoylle »

XYY wrote:WTF! Why do you brazilians have three Autódromos Internacionales Ayrton Senna - and I didn't find your recreation on google earth at all ;)
´
And we have a few more facilities named after that great driver...

About the Google Earth image, there's one, but taken from afar... It's blurred and it's a mess. If you need it, I may try to find it again.
XYY wrote:But I found other aerials and I spot a few things:
- The lake behind the pits has a bit wrong shape
- The chicane at the long backstraight is not sharp enough - though you can't make it hard to drive. I just didn't see a chicane in the first moment ;) and it's also a bit too late if you ask me
- You should have made this concrete wall/soft wall at the whole backstraight and put the stands behind - it looks better and it's also like that in real life :)
- The grass dithering is too brown, but not sandy enough (talking about the atmosphere)
- between SF-straight and long backstraight, there seems to be a line through the grass (according to this photo). You could try it :P

Maybe these hints will help you. But for a first rwl this is not bad :bg:
That's a nice pic you've found. I've based my design on this one. I've even tried to follow the exact angles depicted on the project of the circuit.
I've also based my design on this, but you can see the pic is too small to give enough details.

Well, I'll probably leave this track as is for now. Or should I try to update it (or remake it from scratch)?

Thanks for every suggestion anyway.
Bruno Asp

Post by Bruno Asp »

Hi Marcelo!

Para uma primeira pista "real life", está ótima!! Sei que o "arsenal" de imagens do autódromo de Caruaru é realmente pequeno. Ao criar outros circuitos brasileiros também sofri com essa situação. Geralmente, para esses casos, sigo o seguinte roteiro de criação (tomando como exemplo o circuito de Salvador, que também têm poucas imagens detalhadas disponíveis e que apesar de ser de rua, nem o Google Earth ajuda, pois as fotos foram tiradas de um dia comum):
1) desenhei todos os arredores, traçados das ruas e avenidas, delineei as praças, caminhos;
2) utilizando o mapa do traçado, fiz a sobreposição da pista ao ambiente criado na etapa anterior;
3) por último, utilizando as fotos e vídeos profissionais e amadores disponíveis na internet (youtube, Flickr, google images, etc), feitos em dias de corrida, fui inserindo os detalhes de cada setor das pista.
Usei esse mesmo recurso para desenhar o Velopark no ano passado (Esse ano já foi mais fácil)
Bom.. essa é a forma que faço. Talvez te ajude a encontrar a maneira mais adequada para você! Saudações!

English!
For a first track "real life" is great! I know that the "arsenal" of images of the racetrack Caruaru is really small. When creating other circuits of Brazil also suffered from this situation. Usually in these cases, follow the following script creation (using the example circuit of Salvador, which also have few detailed images available and that despite being a street circuit, nor the Google Earth help, since the photos were taken a day common):
1) drew all the surroundings, traces of streets and avenues, outlined squares, paths;
2) using the map of the layout, did the overlay of the runway environment created in the previous step;
3) Finally, using the photos and video professionals and amateurs available on the Internet (YouTube, Flickr, Google Images, etc.), made ​​on race day, I was entering the details of each sector of the track.

I used this same feature to draw the Velopark last year (This year has been easier)

Good. that's the way I do. It may help you to find the most suitable for you! Greetings!
Bruno Asp
Velocidade na alma/ Speed in the soul/ Velocidad en el Alma
All my tracks: http://www.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=645
Fermmoylle

Post by Fermmoylle »

Greetings, Bruno!

Yes, I have a lot to learn regarding real-life tracks. Maybe I'll stick with my fantasy ones, since I'm not bound to follow strict rules. In any case, I appreciate you taking your time to try to show me how to do it "the Bruno way." ;-)

By the way, you have nice Brazilian tracks under your belt. Is Joaquim Tavora on your future plans?