[tpk] [stc] Namcap City

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
PacmanOwnage

[tpk] [stc] Namcap City

Post by PacmanOwnage »

:wave: It's been too long since I've had the joy of posting a track here, back in October I posted Nampac Rally which can be seen here: http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1362 ... and said I would carry on the "Nampac" world, and now, almost a year later the next installment :goodvibes:

So, without further ado, I present Namcap City, a fullscreen, world size 255 city... with some very close street racing.

Within the pack, you will find 4 courses, a standard circuit, a short version, an oval, and a stage, each one in reverse aswell, so that's 8 different tracks.

Also, is a basic version where I have just gave you the original track, with random start locations. So you can freely make your own layouts, or use it as a Cops and Robbers style map with you and a friend, or two.

The breakdown is essentially:

NamcapCity - The city course
NamcapCityR - The reverse city course
NamcapCityS - The short course
NamcapCitySR - The reverse short course
NamcapCityO - The oval course
NamcapCityOR- The reverse oval course
NamcapCStag - The stage event
NamcapCStagR - The reverse stage event
NamcapCityCR - The basic "Cops & Robbers" map

The AI has been worked on extensively, however, there are still some issues with two into one don't go, and the pit placement was a nightmare :scared:

So... umm... go and enjoy it, or not... I won't mind.. :weep:

*PS: I haven't tested this in other aspect ratios...*
Attachments
Namcap City Pack.zip
...The.. umm tracks :I
(315.49 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
The stage layout(s)
The stage layout(s)
All the layouts bar the stage event
All the layouts bar the stage event
The main track
The main track
zgr

Re: [tpk] [stc] Namcap City

Post by zgr »

really nice track, i really love some buildings, there just :wow:
its a pity that the pits not so good placed IMO
but the whole thing is good, 4,6/5 :bg:
Hello.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

btw didn't you say, that you'll sort out all the messy booths a bit? :)
PacmanOwnage

Post by PacmanOwnage »

There are numerous area throughout that are niggly and fiddly and just an annoyance... but, no matter what I did, no matter how perfectly they lined up in the track editor, be it a booth, or a wall it would just end up getting a jaggy effect in GeneRally itself.

Luckily, some I managed to clear up or hide behind a tree or what have you....But some are still there.

..Luckily, none of them are that big or disatrous or game breaking.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Look on Bel's track. If he could do the walls smooth, why not you? ;)
Bel

Post by Bel »

Trigger Happy wrote:Look on Bel's track. If he could do the walls smooth, why not you? ;)
I had HUGE problems to make the walls smooth on track editor also, for some reason, it doesn't quite work as it's supposed to, and leaves jagged things, you gotta place objects every 5 pixels to counter that

About the track, I like it, the scenery is nice, the turns are really cool(And different! Which is hard to accomplish in a street track), though I wish you released more layouts, you had around 50 to make, and only gave us 5, not fair man! :rofl:, I would like to at least see the stage version make into a loop, that's the best layout IMO, challenging, and cross-overs are not evil :bg:

About pit positioning, you did the best with what you could, It's not such an issue for me, I like to think they jump the fence to pit the car ;)

Hope to see more from you, I had some of your tracks here in my personal collection

Cheers
My Tracks:
[Cir] Grand Glade -> Released(Update due)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Bel wrote:
Trigger Happy wrote:Look on Bel's track. If he could do the walls smooth, why not you? ;)
I had HUGE problems to make the walls smooth on track editor also, for some reason, it doesn't quite work as it's supposed to, and leaves jagged things, you gotta place objects every 5 pixels to counter that
I don't say it's easy, but that it's possible to do that better. However he was lazy to care so much (when I look on all the booths, on the something by gates or several office blocks - it's all done in kind of rush). Few more days of more careful work (like you did) would bring better both visual and playability experience - which is pity, because the map is filled by great ideas. The lack of care sinks the ideas down with the imperfections. :worried:
PacmanOwnage

Post by PacmanOwnage »

I know for sure, that when I next make a track, whenever that will be :P I'll certainly have a go on Snakeditors object-y placement-y thing for any niggly bits.

It also doesn't help, that having such a diverse degree of angles on the roads, it certainly makes making a straight line 10X harder.

Also, I was going to make the stage layout into a circuit, but I just didn't like the idea of the cross over, and then there would have certainly been no room for pits... and I know how much everyone moans about pits on tracks :sweatdrop:

And honestly, if I were a pit man, I'd rather stay behind that fence, some cars don't respect the slowed speeds in the pit area