[cir] Evertsberg '84

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
mathee

[cir] Evertsberg '84

Post by mathee »

Hey guys,

its been over 2 years since i released my latest track here on the forums (it was probably on racesimcentral back then). due to my studies and some other things i must admit that i haven't been very active since then. however, some days ago i felt like making a new generally track aaaaand here it comes:

Evertsberg '84
evertsberg84.JPG
it is a fantasy track located somewhere in scandinavia. it has the mid-eighties touch to it, so a lot of modern safety stuff is missing (i love the "new" armco barriers btw!!!) ;). i think it has become a nice nature influenced track with 2 significant elevation changes. the hill on the right side of the track btw creates a nice slope where spectators can sit on a natural stand (sorrounding last corner) which gives them a nice view on the start finish straight as well as on the pitlane.
so basically without modern safety fences and security checkpoints everywhere as they appear on todays modern tracks there are spectators EVERYWHERE - and they are partying and having a nice weekend.

soo i hope you guys have a nice weekend too enjoying racing in Evertsberg!
(aand because i haven't been here for so long and we had christmas some days ago i've put some bonus tracks in the .rar file - my chartres variations and my kyalami '83 track)
Evertsberg84.rar
(371.85 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
tell me what you think guys! thanks!
Last edited by mathee on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] [his] Evertsberg '84

Post by Trigger Happy »

It looks really great, so I cannot wait on testing ride, but use only tags from options provided in Uploading handbook, please. Other randomly created tags are not possible. Wrong tag removed. :)

About the other (bonus) tracks, please move them to Restored tracks, where you can start topic and upload your all older tacks to be publicly available again.
Alex

Re: [cir] Evertsberg '84

Post by Alex »

Brilliant! :bg: Absolutely flawless.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Haselnuss

Post by Haselnuss »

Nice Track :bg:
Fahre die PGR F1 Series
The best Go-Karter on Deutschlandsberg
Drive my Raceseries http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2118
mathee

Post by mathee »

Thank you! :bsmile: No critics? ;)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

How could anyone but a track master find fault with such a marvellous looking track? ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Unfortunately I was slightly disappointed by the layout, there is 4x same curve (either turning to other side or in opposite direction, but basically always same) and the broken curves in last section look rather like Tilkedrome than 80s too, which is both pity because otherwise the atmosphere is very nice. :shrug: The horizontal uphill ended by hairpin is on other hand really funny place. :bsmile:

Also I had trouble with the lmap cars - I either couldn't distinguish individual cars (melted together) or even couldn't recognize, if aren't painted up-side-down.
Primeracer

Post by Primeracer »

I think you really got your prize with that one man... your the track proposal fitis the proposal. If it was to create a 80's f1 style track, your track have the right atmosphere for that theme. So go on with tracks that type. :bg:
Try other tracks by myself: Agrestina -Tristar - Petra
mathee

Post by mathee »

Trigger Happy wrote:Unfortunately I was slightly disappointed by the layout, there is 4x same curve (either turning to other side or in opposite direction, but basically always same) and the broken curves in last section look rather like Tilkedrome than 80s too, which is both pity because otherwise the atmosphere is very nice. :shrug: The horizontal uphill ended by hairpin is on other hand really funny place. :bsmile:

Also I had trouble with the lmap cars - I either couldn't distinguish individual cars (melted together) or even couldn't recognize, if aren't painted up-side-down.
First, i'll try to improve on those cars next time :)

Concerning those "broken curves" i must say that i made a compromise here, because i found it slightly more interesting to go flat-out through these 2 kinks instead of having just one curve. however i think you are right - corners like these are not typical for this era.

Concerning the 4 curves you mentioned: Do you still think that it is 4x the same curve when you go around the track with really fast cars? Because when i designed the layout i tested it with very fast ones. So that emphasizes the context of the corners which i think is actually very different each time. Corner 1 has this little kink in the end which can take you on the grass, the following hairpin you mentioned is uphill as you said. the third hairpin has two possible racing lines. it can be approached on the inside (because of the preceding fast corner) or on the outside which gives you a better topspeed downhill. Finally the 4th after the downhill straight is meant to be driven at high speed to punish every small mistake. But yeah, with slower cars i totally see your point.

Thank you for your opinion :)