[tpk] Basic EFFECT Trackpack

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

[tpk] Basic EFFECT Trackpack

Post by egamad »

===============================================================================

Basic (E)diting (F)orce (F)or (E)ach (C)reated (T)rack - Basic EFFECT Trackpack

This is a pack of 10 (+1 bonus) tracks, all created in original GeneRally Trackeditor. The tracks are mostly rally tracks, but there is also a circuit (the bonus). ;)

The first two tracks Nypey and Lehe Bay were created for a track making competition started by _CamrosX_ on RSC Forum, called "Simplicity Trackmaking Compo", where only original TE was allowed for trackmaking. I really liked the compo, partly for it's innovativity (such irony), partly for pushing the limits, those of the TE and also of myself. After that I tried to work more and more in TE, enjoying all the possibilites it has to offer - all the fun I failed to notice before. The produce of this game of trackmaking is this trackpack. I can really say that I loved creating it, and many of these tracks are my all time favourites, even if they haven't been "texturized", "GRHMEdited", "Snakedited" (and what is such) in detail. The output of the TE tracks is decently high, at least compaired to what one would expect. The tracks aren't thoroughly polished, but the lack of detail isn't too bothering, at least in my opinion, and the tracks can be normally played without that distracting factor we can see in e.g. undithered tracks, tracks with empty areas on map etc.

:rally: Contained tracks:

[RAL] Avdazer - a cross-country rally with some interesting hmap and enjoyable layout.

[RAL] Avdazer Loop - A special modification of Avdazer. Almost like a point-to-point stage, but with this difference, that at the start and the end of the track there is a "loop", after which you drive the same track again in the opposite direction. Track type on request from Fechna.

[RAL] Azriat - a short, 8-figure shaped fulscreen rally, where you jump over the road crossing.

[RAL] Kinyi Woods - The only track with consistent surface, which with the dense and colorful forest gives the track a cartoon like feeling. Has one relatively hard part, but otherwise an easy run.

[RAL] Lehe Bay - One of the two tracks I've released before. A narrow FS rally through a summer resort.

[RAL] Nypey - My first track for the Simplicity compo, and one of the more exciting IMO. The low view angle makes it hard to estimate the layout. Fullscreen.

[RAL] Rump Stage - Another loop stage, but longer that Avdazer Loop and in a desert setting (I was partly inspired by the original Algeria).

[RAL] [ROA] Ugy - A part road, part offroad FS rally with difficult POV and a jump.

[RAL] [STU] Ugy Woogie - A short version of Ugy, where the road part is left out, and the jump is the main theme of the track.

[RAL] [STU] Uniox Town - A short but difficult fullscreen rally in a setting by the sea. There is a jump ramp in the water, that can quickly get crowded.

And the bonus track:

[CIR] Oriator - The only non-rally track in the trackpack, and the most difficult one for me to make. Considering this is a TE made track, it turned out surprisingly well IMO. You can cut through the pits for a few extra seconds, but I don't see why would anyone do that..Or do I.. :misch:

With this diversity of tracks there is diversity in AI lines too. All tracks are well drivable, but for experienced players some AI lines might not be competitive enough (e.g. Oriator).

Both loopstages have pits placed all around the track, which is a problem for AI drivers, especially because the loopstages are very long (you drive them in both directions). I recommend to race against the maximum of 2 computer players, better yet against one or none at all.

All that said, I can only hope that you will appreciate my effort and enjoy my small tribute to the wonderful GR world. :hattip:
Attachments
Avdazer Loop.jpg
Avdazer.jpg
Basic EFFECT Trackpack.zip
(301.08 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [tpk] Basic EFFECT Trackpack

Post by egamad »

More screenshots. :)
Attachments
Lehe Bay.jpg
Kinyi Woods.jpg
Azriat.jpg
Visit My GeneRally site!
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

And more screenshots. :popcorn:
Attachments
Ugy.jpg
Rump Stage.jpg
Nypey.jpg
Visit My GeneRally site!
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

:faint:
Attachments
Oriator.jpg
Uniox Town.jpg
Ugy Woogie.jpg
Visit My GeneRally site!
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Looks awesome!!! Wow! Gotta test this out soon! Very cool!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :wow:
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

First I look that: yes yes yes! New track! and then: Höh rally. They look great but I'm a tarmacguy :shrug:
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

GeneSuomi wrote:First I look that: yes yes yes! New track! and then: Höh rally. They look great but I'm a tarmacguy :shrug:
Well, there's Oriator if you want to try it out.. But yes, rally fans might appreciate this upload more. :)
The Great Falcon wrote:Looks awesome!!! Wow! Gotta test this out soon! Very cool!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :wow:
I hope you'll like it.. But I expect feedback in any case! :rage: :)
Visit My GeneRally site!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

:bowdown: This is amazing! :woohoo:

I don´t care what will others say but for me this trackpack is perfect, once again you´ve showed us that POV, using of objects and interesting layouts are more important than perfect lmap :bg:. But I don´t want to say that your lmaps look terrible in these tracks, I see some nice ideas in using of few tools we have in TE :wiz: for example 1px wide white line at Ugy :yummy:.

If I should choose one track I like most I´d say that it´s Aziriat :bg: I love it´s POV :D.

maybe I´d try to make oTE track too :hiya:
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

:wow:
They looks great!
And you show that is possible to realize nice jobs with just the TE :nod:
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

Incredibly awesome! Really inspirational, thank you for making this pack! :heyea:
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

:iagree:

The only thing, which I dislike is the muddy surface of one of the track, other is perfect and it's not bad trackmaking performance, if I consider, that we talk about pack of 11 tracks. :D
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Dan Hakulin wrote::bowdown: This is amazing! :woohoo:

/.../

If I should choose one track I like most I´d say that it´s Aziriat :bg:
If I had to choose, I'd probably say Avdazer Loop, but that's probably because I made it the last, and it's still very fresh to me.
Dan Hakulin wrote:maybe I´d try to make oTE track too :hiya:
I sure hope you do, I'm always so excited when you publish new tracks. :yummy:
Pedra wrote::wow:
They looks great!
And you show that is possible to realize nice jobs with just the TE :nod:
That's what I was aiming for when I was making the tracks, thanks! :goodvibes:
mizzamar wrote:Incredibly awesome! Really inspirational, thank you for making this pack! :heyea:
You're most welcome, and I'm glad you like it. :)
Ivo Porc wrote::iagree:

The only thing, which I dislike is the muddy surface of one of the track, other is perfect and it's not bad trackmaking performance, if I consider, that we talk about pack of 11 tracks. :D
I suppose you're referring to Kinyi Woods - and if I consider, that we're talking about a pack of 11 tracks, I think you just can't like all of them. :sorry: Of course it means a lot to me that you like at least some. :rainbow:
Visit My GeneRally site!
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Just.... Amazing....

11/11 ;)

Keep it up!

:bg:
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
resir014

Post by resir014 »

I don't know why... but when I load the track folder, the game just crashed :shrug:

EDIT: Works now. Just amazing.

11/10
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

GRF and resir014, thanks for your comments.

But nobody has commented on any actual tracks yet. :really: Of course I'm generally (pun!) interested in all comments of all tracks, but I would especially like to know how you liked the two loopstages, and also the circuit. :?: And maybe you favourite? :flip:

Also no word from Fechna yet, I'm wondering if I got his idea right.. :scratch:
Visit My GeneRally site!
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

egamad wrote:But nobody has commented on any actual tracks yet. :really: Of course I'm generally (pun!) interested in all comments of all tracks, but I would especially like to know how you liked the two loopstages, and also the circuit. :?: And maybe you favourite? :flip:
As you wish... Here we go :rolleyes:

First I took a fast rallycar to drive the rally tracks, which wasn't a good idea since the tracks clearly weren't made for a fast car :doh:

However I liked Rump Stage very much on that car. I think that you know yourself too that it isn't the most beautiful track of the pack, but I enjoyed driving on it very much, it has nice layout.

After I had wasted some time with the fast car I changed to General and took some AI's with me to drive the rally tracks...

Avdazer
Not expectionally fun or boring to drive, but that jump is very fun, though the objects on the left there are too close, I hit them a couple of times :( The stands are a bit out of place :D The loop version has been made interestingly... But I didn't enjoy it as much as the other loop stage. The AI line here is very fast.

Lehe Bay
It is too narrow in the middle for proper racing, nevertheless fun to drive. It looks very cool, specially the water. Nothing more to say about this track.

Kinyi Woods

The bumpy river part is annoying and makes the track not-so-fun to drive :mad: , but else than that it's very nice. At first the road looked bad and boring but after few laps it actually looked nice and fresh, since there isn't any rally tracks with that kinda road nowadays. AI line is quite slow here :(

Azriat
Again a bit too narrow for racing but I like the intensiness of the racing here :misch: The pier bridge looks very nice (better than in Kinyi), but there could be a bit more space on the left after it. It has a nice POV, but couple of trees block the view badly so you can't see how aggressively exactly can you drive :shrug: Once again looks very good.

Uniox Town
That river-crossing thingy is maybe the coolest thing in the whole trackpack, but once again it's too narrow for me and AI's tend to get stuck. Very good looking track with very nice idea, but not very enjoyable to drive :shrug: even if it has potential for that too.

Nypey
IMO the 2nd best track of the pack, very fun to drive and specially the water part is great. Looks good and the AI line is very fast.

Ugy
My favorite of the pack. I just love the action at the jump and the chicanes on tarmac. Not as good looking as most of the others (those farms are quite ugly), but very fun. Woogie version is nice too, the racing on it is very intense. :yummy:

Oriator
Don't have much to say of this... The layout is nice. The pit entrance is cool, but I don't like the POV.

Very nice and innovative trackpack :clap: I have to say that in every track the object placement is outstanding :eyes:
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Very artistic pack, it's also fresh. I'm not going to comment on every track but Azriat is probably the best one in the pack, an eight track with jump is usually working style. Also Nypey and Uniox are great because of low angle and just overall GeneRally feeling in them.

Avdazer and Lehe Bay are great looking tracks but I don't like driving on them so much.
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Thanks, AleksiNir for the very in-depth comment, it'll be a great refference point for my future trackmaking! :bg:

And thanks to you too, Quklis. ;)
Visit My GeneRally site!
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Great stuff, man :bg:

Its incredible what one can do in TE only :wow:

I have to say that I like the most Ugy and Lehe Bay. I don't particularly like the loop versions. I prefer laps versions (or even better stage rally tracks).

Keep up the good work :up: