[tpk] [mic] expinmin5

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[tpk] [mic] expinmin5

Post by TuomoH »

Finally, here's the 5th installation in the expinmin series. For those not familiar with the concept, this series (Experiments in Minimalism) consists of small WS micro tracks that have been designed purely for the original Mini. The AI is far from perfect but since chaotic racing lies firmly in the heart of the series, it shouldn't be a problem. Just be sure not to use too much damage! :D

Criticism and comments are very welcome. :cool2:
Attachments
expinmin5.jpg
expinmin5.zip
(111.51 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
DuklaLiberec

Re: [tpk] [mic] expinmin5

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Have downloaded it, and will test it asap, but I know these are nice tracks. :bg:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I just tested it and can say following things:
- The dithering of the muddy track is not my cup of tea - I'd prefer to have it like after a few laps on the grass track. I also don't like the tarmac track's dithering so much, I would prefer it being just like on a normal track. It looks strange to me :shrug:
- The dithering of the ice track is lovely, especially after you made a small count of laps on it :yummy:
- In the ice and sand track the spray while driving is too heavy. But on the ice track it's not as bad as on the sand track because you don't have to beware of opponents crossing your path ;)
- Therefore I didn't like racing in the sand track so much ;)
- Some objects are placed illogical :mrgreen:
- AI was often slowed by driving through the pits

I guess many of what I rate as negative is intended by you/typical for these trackpacks ;)
Paw

Post by Paw »

XYY wrote: - In the ice and sand track the spray while driving is too heavy. But on the ice track it's not as bad as on the sand track because you don't have to beware of opponents crossing your path ;)
- Therefore I didn't like racing in the sand track so much ;)
You can control this with "Effects" slider. ;)
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

XYY wrote: - Some objects are placed illogical :mrgreen:
:iagree: Especially in the winter track the AI is crashing against the pylons so they have probs to rejoin :P
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Bob Barker wrote:
XYY wrote: - Some objects are placed illogical :mrgreen:
:iagree: Especially in the winter track the AI is crashing against the pylons so they have probs to rejoin :P
I rather meant the use of telephone poles in the sand track ;)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks for the comments, mates. :)
XYY wrote:I just tested it and can say following things:
- The dithering of the muddy track is not my cup of tea - I'd prefer to have it like after a few laps on the grass track. I also don't like the tarmac track's dithering so much, I would prefer it being just like on a normal track. It looks strange to me :shrug:
- The dithering of the ice track is lovely, especially after you made a small count of laps on it :yummy:
I love the ice track's dithering too, but the others as well. The mud track didn't turn out the way I initially thought so I did a bit different things with that, in that sense it's the odd one out. The tarmac track is the way it should be, strange. ;)
- In the ice and sand track the spray while driving is too heavy. But on the ice track it's not as bad as on the sand track because you don't have to beware of opponents crossing your path ;)
As Paw said, it can be changed with effects slider.
- Some objects are placed illogical :mrgreen:
Maybe illogically in normal standards, but to me it's perfectly logical, continuing what I started with 1.10 tracks and especially exp:abs.
- AI was often slowed by driving through the pits
I first thought what to do with it but decided it added nicely to the chaos. :D
I guess many of what I rate as negative is intended by you/typical for these trackpacks ;)
Yes, I think so, it's down to taste. I'm sure this isn't everyone's cup of tea but I'm used to that for ages already. :D
Bob Barker wrote:Especially in the winter track the AI is crashing against the pylons so they have probs to rejoin
That's true but I didn't want to compromise the hmap so I had to compromise with that.

Other comments and opinions?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I think the sandy one is best actually. :) I like the objects placing at the muddy one, but the dithering itself didn't impressed me, maybe more hmap? :scratch: Like in case of the others my eyes really enjoy the ice dithering, but this one likely has most boring layout (pure circle). :shrug: Grassy is also nice and same for the tarmac one, but it's really grippy tarmac, maybe bit boring in relation to all others (especially in comparison with the similar sandy eight-shaped track). :D Maybe some dust could help. :mrgreen:

More micros, please. :bsmile:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Trigger Happy wrote:I think the sandy one is best actually. :) I like the objects placing at the muddy one, but the dithering itself didn't impressed me, maybe more hmap? :scratch: Like in case of the others my eyes really enjoy the ice dithering, but this one likely has most boring layout (pure circle). :shrug: Grassy is also nice and same for the tarmac one, but it's really grippy tarmac, maybe bit boring in relation to all others (especially in comparison with the similar sandy eight-shaped track). :D Maybe some dust could help. :mrgreen:

More micros, please. :bsmile:
Thanks for your comment, Ivo. :) I also think the sandy one is the best of the bunch. Icy one does indeed have the most boring layout but the hmap is the most bumpy there so I think it helps a bit. And tarmac one's crossing makes it less boring, you don't need dust everywhere. :D

More micros will surely come in future but not in close future, I'm afraid. ;)

Other comments?