[roa] Trasa Tarasa

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Buka

[roa] Trasa Tarasa

Post by Buka »

Hi, all. I've spent more than a year without posting any new track (but I was active with JEs) and now I'm back as a trackmaker.

I'm happy to present you my new track, called Trasa Tarasa (or simply Tarasa). :newtrk:

It's a small road track, located somewhere in Kyiv region of Ukraine where a man named Taras has built his farm on sandy banks of mighty river Dnipro. Unfortunately for him after some amount of years Racing Federation has got permission to use local roads for racing. Taras was very mad about that and tried to stop racing near his tomatoes and cabbages. But all he's got - the track was named after him - Trasa Tarasa. BTW, you can find Taras (or sometimes his little son) himself on the location - crying on his field. :weep:

Well, it's yours now. Criticize and comment. :meditate:
Attachments
Tarasa.zip
(60.15 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Tarasa.png
DuklaLiberec

Re: [roa] Trasa Tarasa

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Excellent Lmap. :bg: And the turn at the top right is looking a bit odd due to the barrier, though. ;)
oleksa

Post by oleksa »

Cool! :bg:
Buka

Post by Buka »

Bob Barker wrote:Excellent Lmap. :bg:
Thank you. But it wasn't my intention to make a track with nice Lmap. :) I wanted to make a track with Hmap that force you to make mistakes and with difficult turns. I hope I managed to do it.
oleksa wrote:Cool! :bg:
Thanks. :bg:
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

The lmap is actually my least favourite thing on this track. I feel that you used too big textures for the fields and the road seems a bit boring to me (visually, the driving is intense enough :scared: ). The infield is really adoring though, I think the track would look better, if you would replace the fields with the same type of terrain. :2c:

BTW, the guy who named the track has a twisted sense of humour, naming it after the only guy in the world who hates it. :twisted:
Last edited by egamad on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Buka

Post by Buka »

Thanks, egamad. :bg: I will play more with fields' textures for my future tracks.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I think opposite (too crowded infield by bushes and lovely field textures). :D And I'd prefer slightly more balance ratio between oil levels of the 2 cliff textures. Finally I'd like rather stones than hay bale with concrete wall in top-left, being stuck is imho too harsh punishment for misjudging the apex. :hide:

Otherwise driving is great, hmap sometimes unpredictable, so every lap is new story. :bg:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I also find these fields nice :shrug:, they remind me of older tracks by spawnhypno and other guys, I like them :bg:
Though you could have used some lights or concrete posts in those fences to 'break' their simple look ;).
Layout and hmap combination makes driving here interesting :).

You did good job when I think how many tracks you did before, I think you are fastly improving :). I hope you'll continue.