[stc] Port Neuve

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stc] Port Neuve

Post by Dragon »

Hi everyone! :) After almost 6 months, here's my newest track.
I've been quite busy, but in these few days I finished this track (it was an unfinished WIP).
I was inspired by Aviazione by Mr.J, so I tried to create a short stc located near a harbour.
It's nothing special but I think is a good track and I'm satisfied with the result.
I hope you like it and please leave a comment. :bg:
Attachments
Port Neuve.zip
(49.48 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
portneuve.png
cocney

Re: [stc] Port Neuve

Post by cocney »

Great little street circuit. It is very interesting to drive on it.
Tarmac is excellent and city looks good.
I only don't like a lot boats in harbor which aren't placed ordinary. 4.5/5 :bg:
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I really don't like that area with so many trees, it doesn't make sense and it's too close to PoV to be nice.
Also that pedestrian bridge doesn't make sense, why would you want people who enter paddock to go so near to racing cars?
I think you didn't have to place leaf trees near to exit of bridge, they look badly there.
I'd say you have the same problem as HJ, you don't have to place something everywhere ;).
Nevermind :D buildings look good and well placed :bg:.
Though it's nice typical track of you :).
Primeracer

Post by Primeracer »

Dan Hakulín wrote:I really don't like that area with so many trees, it doesn't make sense and it's too close to PoV to be nice.
Also that pedestrian bridge doesn't make sense, why would you want people who enter paddock to go so near to racing cars?
I think you didn't have to place leaf trees near to exit of bridge, they look badly there.
I'd say you have the same problem as HJ, you don't have to place something everywhere ;).
Nevermind :D buildings look good and well placed :bg:.
Though it's nice typical track of you :).
Hi Dragon. I must agree with Haq about that bridg it seemed no to fit for that little space you have ahead of your pit area. About that threes i don't know if was so bad, as if is a fact that trees may be a right object to place siding pedestrian bridges but to myself some persons there would be nicer. About things everywhere i realy understand it depends on the track proposal... actually your track reach the spot on creating some Monaco like atmosphere.
One more thing, may be the main, similar to Haq about these tree area seemed someway to don't fit the track. That are would to recieve trees by another creative way, may be some paths, some features better fitting to the circuit.
Try other tracks by myself: Agrestina -Tristar - Petra
PacmanOwnage

Post by PacmanOwnage »

I can hear what people are saying about the bridge, but I think all it would need, is just a small tarmac path going to it, as I think the position is fine, just the fact it leads to grass it the odd thing... for me.

As for the trees, I like them, it's always one of things that would be complained about no matter what was there. I may be slightly biased because I love your tracks, and it's always a joy to see new fullscreen tracks added.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I think that just moving the cones there (parallel to closer yellow line) will solve it, currently the cones are crossing the virtual path between pits and the bridge. Otherwise I like the bridge as it is, similarly everything other (the boats look OK, some parked, some in move). Although some fancy path in the park can be nice there.

5/5 :)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

It would be good if you added a bit more in the right and the left, because with 16:10 it doesn't look quite right. I guess it's even worse with 16:9 ;)
Areen

Post by Areen »

I must to do so cute city circuit like this <3 It's fabulous.
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Thank you everyone for your comments, glad you like it :bg:
I'll post a fixed version of this track with your suggestions ;)
Do you suggest to make a park with less trees in the bottom-middle?
Areen wrote:I must to do so cute city circuit like this <3 It's fabulous.
I hope you can do it :)

Any other comment or suggestion?
Joey Zyla

Post by Joey Zyla »

Dragon wrote:Thank you everyone for your comments, glad you like it :bg:
I'll post a fixed version of this track with your suggestions ;)
Do you suggest to make a park with less trees in the bottom-middle?
Areen wrote:I must to do so cute city circuit like this <3 It's fabulous.
I hope you can do it :)

Any other comment or suggestion?
Hello. I am about to download this, but first I would like to know how to race on custom tracks. Whenever I click on 'Launch GeneRally' I can't find the track anywhere.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

You should read the GR FAQ, 6.3 ;)
Shyguy1001

Post by Shyguy1001 »

Love these sorts of tracks.. I agree that the harbour might be a bit cluttered and there are a few trees blocking the POV, but other than that really really nice.