[cir] Grand Prix America 2013 Released // Austin F1 Reposted

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
strumwhatyoubrung

[cir] Grand Prix America 2013 Released // Austin F1 Reposted

Post by strumwhatyoubrung »

Just in time for 2012! Grand Prix of America 2013 Circuit is released. It may not be as fine tuned as Austin circuit which was released a few months ago(and reposted here). Dark area is a bridge, which the generally track elevation needed to be tweeked after bridge to keep the cars from slamming into the cement wall. The track is fun. Please send comments.
Attachments
AustinF12012.zip
(16.68 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
GPAmerica2013.jpg
GPAmerica2013.zip
(29.39 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Last edited by strumwhatyoubrung on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
cocney

Re: Grand Prix America 2013 (Cir) Released // Austin F1 Repo

Post by cocney »

This isn't Austin. This is New Jersey street track. Sorry, but for me it looks bad. Finish lane is very tiny and kerbs are way to big. Put on smaller size when you make them. There isn't place for driving in pits. And it doesn't look like street circuit. Try to make it better next time. I was bad on start too.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

And please add the tag at the beginning of the title and it should be in squared brackets. ;)
Glen

Post by Glen »

cocney wrote:This isn't Austin. This is New Jersey street track. Sorry, but for me it looks bad. Finish lane is very tiny and kerbs are way to big. Put on smaller size when you make them. There isn't place for driving in pits. And it doesn't look like street circuit. Try to make it better next time. I was bad on start too.
You could say it more delicately ... but I agree.

For the track, try to start with very simple tracks.

For example : make a track with only square corners (90° or 180°). For this, go in paint and draw straight lines. I started like this. And you will see, each track will be better (but will also take more time).

Me for example, I worked maybe 30 hours on my "duel" track.

The best thing is than you start with this tool : Land Editor by BeBeLiOuS
strumwhatyoubrung

It may not be perfect and Austin is only available as a .zip and New Jersey is shot with a screenshot and .zip.

Trying to get the track map to fit the size that Generally allows was a very tough challenge. I tried to get the circuit to be wide enough without causing a problem near the hairpin on the right side. The other thing is I am using 1.05 Generally since 1.10 has not worked properly for me.

If anyone wants to make it look clean and proper or totally re-do it--GO FOR IT.

Merged double reply from Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:34 am:

Thanks for the land editor link.
Paw

Post by Paw »

Strumwhatyoubrung, please correct the tags. Refer to Handbook. Remember about the square brackets.
strumwhatyoubrung

[CIR]Re: Grand Prix America 2013 Released // Austin F1 Repos

Tried to correct bracket.