[cir] Great Britain WT

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Great Britain WT

Post by Bouncebackability »

Hi everybody!

This is my first track release in nearly 5 months I reckon, but I have quite a lot of free time at the moment.

Being an Englishman I always hoped for a GB track in the world tour pack, so following on from the Mexico I did (which was the last track i released). I present to you this.

Obviously a LOT of inspiration has come from Silverstone and the classic versions I made before, but it had to be a bit different.

I wanted a Brooklands style start, along the centre road with the pits, but I had massive issues with the ai line, so in the end I reversed the track direction, that should explain the slightly dodgy pit entry you see here, but I didn't want to change the style of the 'road into the corner' effect.

It's not the best track I've made, thats for sure, but it was just to play around with and hopefully you will enjoy it.

Comments welcome as ever

Cheers, BBA
Attachments
GB WT.zip
(59.74 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
Great Britain WT.jpg
ACM

Re: [cir] Great Britain WT

Post by ACM »

Well it's certainly nice to look at and all that, you've definitely nailed the Great Britain aspect, but I just think you've given 'pit shortcut' a whole new meaning. :|
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Ah yeah I was supposed to mention that, yeah it does make it shorter, but if you are making a pit stop (which should be the only reason you drive in there as an honest racer) then it is quicker to race around.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I think you really hit the GB nail with this one :D.
I don't mind pit shorcut because 'if you cheat, you cheat yourself' ;).
The track looks nice and decent, nothing hurts my eyes and all the objects seems to be reasonable.

Hope to see more by you again :D.
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

now I realized that you made a tractor there. Nice :bg:
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I rather like it, but IMHO you took the Silverstone too literally this time, if I compare it with the MexicoWR or Räbinäs' Germany or France. :)
The runways ... I think, that if the diagonal one had its concrete pieces laid down in parallel direction with itself (and not other two runways), it would look little bit better. :)