Track Ideas, W.I.P. Previews and Teasers v2

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
cocney

Re: Track Ideas, W.I.P. Previews and Teasers v2

Post by cocney »

I know that it sounds weird but I need someone to test this track with AIs and then tell me results.
Track is far from over but I need to know does this pitlane fits to track.
I would like more then one result because I need to be sure it is good.
Attachments
Grayspring Autodrom.zip
(24.37 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Woppoz

Post by Woppoz »

I finally started working on a new project, based on my real home location. It's not totally scaled but the idea is the same. If I would scale it the roads would be too small, so I made them thicker, it was at the cost of the lengths of straights though
shot0013.PNG
Any tips?
Listen to my favourite song here

And subscribe to my YouTube account here

aka. Inca4life
Glen

Post by Glen »

I think, most of the roads aren't real scales :) I only know my Mazan track who is a real scale track
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Inca4life wrote:I finally started working on a new project, based on my real home location. It's not totally scaled but the idea is the same. If I would scale it the roads would be too small, so I made them thicker, it was at the cost of the lengths of straights though
shot0013.PNG
Any tips?
My opinion is to raise the PoV so that the objects that are going to be placed near the track won't block the player/AI car(s).
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Inca4life wrote:I finally started working on a new project, based on my real home location. It's not totally scaled but the idea is the same. If I would scale it the roads would be too small, so I made them thicker, it was at the cost of the lengths of straights though

attachment

Any tips?
Are those "chicanes" like this in real life? because otherwise you should rework them ;)
Woppoz

Post by Woppoz »

XYY wrote:

attachment

Any tips?
Are those "chicanes" like this in real life? because otherwise you should rework them ;)
What do you mean with 'rework'? Yes there are chicanes there :)

aka. Inca4life
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

In the current configuration they're flat out corners, no chicanes :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

cocney wrote:I know that it sounds weird but I need someone to test this track with AIs and then tell me results.
Track is far from over but I need to know does this pitlane fits to track.
I would like more then one result because I need to be sure it is good.
The AI line is almost all right, in top-right hairpin they hit middle sunk tyre, in first curve can be bit closed. In pits it's OK too. But I wonder, what are you doing with the game, you mentioned somewhere something about new OS, but 1.10+ is made with intention to keep compatibility with latest development of OSs, not opposite. :scratch:
Woppoz

Post by Woppoz »

XYY wrote:In the current configuration they're flat out corners, no chicanes :D
Yeah but they are like this in real life too.. But since it's just based, I may edit them anyways, especially the one at the top left

aka. Inca4life
cocney

Post by cocney »

Trigger Happy wrote:The AI line is almost all right, in top-right hairpin they hit middle sunk tyre, in first curve can be bit closed. In pits it's OK too. But I wonder, what are you doing with the game, you mentioned somewhere something about new OS, but 1.10+ is made with intention to keep compatibility with latest development of OSs, not opposite. :scratch:
I am not good with computers so I don't know how does OS function. I know that when I opened generally, that it didn't started and I can't open new trackeditor too. Only thing that works from files that I saved is hmap editor andI can not use it because trackeditor doesn't recognize it.

I make new pitlane with 2 pits because I didn't got results till now. I hope it will work. I only need to make hmap in trackeditor and finish lmap but thanks.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'm afraid you're stuck because of issue with quite trivial solution, check out readme or sticky threads in Help and advice forum.
cocney

Post by cocney »

Trigger Happy wrote:I'm afraid you're stuck because of issue with quite trivial solution, check out readme or sticky threads in Help and advice forum.
My brother already checked and he knows where the problem is! He just can't solve it.
Areen

Post by Areen »

I'm working on Timaru and Dubai at the same time. Sometimes I want to do something grassy, sometimes desert landscape... I'll release both after my matura exams.
Attachments
dubai.png
timaru.png
C-DAC

Post by C-DAC »

Areen wrote:I'm working on Timaru and Dubai at the same time. Sometimes I want to do something grassy, sometimes desert landscape... I'll release both after my matura exams.
Wow, both tracks looks great. Very beautiful LMap. I hope your object putting style will make it perfect.. :bg:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

The desert texture you've got going there is fantastic Areen! :yummy:
Last edited by Bouncebackability on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Great track, Areen, it was really time to let my Dubai retire. :P
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

just found a small block of square paper. going to try and see how effective drawing lmaps by hand is
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Areen, you care very much about correct details of your rwl, but I think you often skip wall softeners in runnoffs. May I ask why, please? Not important game-play-wise, visual reasons, trackmaking technique troubles or some other reason? Just curious about it. :)
Areen

Post by Areen »

In general I'm picking tracks without "soft walls" so this is main reason. To be honest, I've never noticed it earlier and I don't think that it's serious problem. On Dubai I still need to edit about half of walls so that's why there is no soft walls.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks for making it clear. :-)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Suggestions please :)

Edit: Persons will still come :shhh:
Attachments
monza-mini.jpg
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

It looks great! :bg: I don't know what you can do with it. I think it's finished.
Just do something with that tarmac2 road in the middle. Maybe parking for ambulances?
And why in the hell the road with yellow outline is going to the house's wall? :pillepalle:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Brix wrote:It looks great! :bg: I don't know what you can do with it. I think it's finished.
Just do something with that tarmac2 road in the middle. Maybe parking for ambulances?
And why in the hell the road with yellow outline is going to the house's wall? :pillepalle:
Thanks for your comment! The road was made just like this because I found no better solution with an underpass and so few space. Maybe I should simply delete it completely ;) Okay, then I'll add maybe some lmap cars and then I shall release it ;)
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

That road could also lead to an underground garage.. also I think the "corner" where the road starts going down seems a bit sharp.
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

What about some hmap? From lesmo to vialone (and this bend could be bit more bent, now looks quite Tilkish). :-) BTW an unschicaned version would be cool. :bsmile:

For the rest: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:.