[tpk] [ovl] [oth] Mode

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[tpk] [ovl] [oth] Mode

Post by TuomoH »

Mode is a short fullscreen track that's been designed solely for 4:3 screen mode. There are two layouts included. In Mode8 you drive a figure of 8 type track where chaos and crashes are guaranteed. ModeO on the other hand is a short oval with highly banked corner. The AI has been designed for the original Formula.

I tried making a 16:9 version but wasn't even remotely satisfied with any POV I tried. If someone comes up with a good POV, please share.

Comments and criticism welcome, and please enjoy. :cool2:
Attachments
Mode.jpg
Mode.zip
(24.58 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Re: [tpk] [ovl] [oth] Mode

Post by Jo.sk »

Interesting and fun track, good job ;)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks, jo.sk. :)

Btw, two little interesting (?) facts: This is my first finished SnakeDitor track. It's also my first track in 6 months that I didn't start from scratch but instead had the layout and hmap lying for years on my HD.

Other opinions?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I don't think the PoV works so wrong in widescreen actually. Pity, that you didn't put few more pines on left, some stuff on top-middle and something bit more with lmap, it'd be OK. :)

BTW I had some difficulties to find correct way, how to join racing after leaving pits (without loosing lap).
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks, Ivo. :)
Trigger Happy wrote:I don't think the PoV works so wrong in widescreen actually. Pity, that you didn't put few more pines on left, some stuff on top-middle and something bit more with lmap, it'd be OK. :)
Since the idea was to make a FS track, didn't even consider adding anything extra for 16:9. :D
BTW I had some difficulties to find correct way, how to join racing after leaving pits (without loosing lap).
On which track? The exit is different for both tracks but both join the other cars as soon as possible.

Other comments?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

TuomoH wrote:Since the idea was to make a FS track, didn't even consider adding anything extra for 16:9. :D
Well, you know, it's a nice feature of a track for limited circumstances (a chosen ratio), but as I told in past few times IMHO no reason, why should we suffer some sort of disturbance by incomplete map, if we use other resolution. Ihmo it's just some some sort of smartening for having less work, which was fully reasonable in past, when nothing other than 4:3 was possible (it would be only wasting of time in those days), but no longer now. Not to mention, that it likely disqualifies the track from considering for compo calendars, which is a pity. So yes, in my opinion trackmakers of course may want to create FS effect in an intended resolution, but that's not a valid reason any longer for not finishing the rest of the map. :shrug: And a great example, how it can and IMHO should look like is here. :)
TuomoH wrote:On which track? The exit is different for both tracks but both join the other cars as soon as possible.
I see now in TE. :scratch: I just wonder if I wasn't doing 8s on the oval without AIs, who would hint me about the error, I don't see any reason, why could I have the troubles. :doh:
Nooklemaudit

Post by Nooklemaudit »

Destruction Derby track? :rofl:
I raced against 5 AIs and each turn they crashed into each other or into me :lol:
GeneRally looks like any racing game. It just got a smaller price and smaller cars
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Nooklemaudit wrote:Destruction Derby track? :rofl:
I raced against 5 AIs and each turn they crashed into each other or into me :lol:
Destruction Derby type tracks are cool. :D Thanks for the comment. :)

Btw, you've bumped several topics and even though with this topic there's no problem with it, please don't post to threads older than one month unless you have something very important to say as it only confuses other users.
Nooklemaudit

Post by Nooklemaudit »

Argh I'm so stupid :doh:
But are you saying that after a month the topic is dead and we can't comment? Too bad! :worried:
GeneRally looks like any racing game. It just got a smaller price and smaller cars
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Nooklemaudit wrote:But are you saying that after a month the topic is dead and we can't comment? Too bad! :worried:
Well, after a month has passed since the last comment. It's just that people get confused and sometimes even nominate old tracks to ToM, as Trigger Happy said elsewhere.