[cir] Yellow&White by McBidouille

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
McBidouille

[cir] Yellow&White by McBidouille

Post by McBidouille »

Hi there,

So, this is a new little track to train myself a little bit more before trying to create tracks with higher level textures.
The most important I think is first to get tracks that gives good sensations with the gameplay.
I have to say that I test it with a modified ASTOR F3000 file where the configuration (power,grip...) of the F3000 come from myself.
So if you want me to give you this modified file I think we should first ask the owner of the ASTOR F3000 if there is no problems with it.I respect his great work and the owner authorizations too. :bsmile:

Have fun guys! :bg:

...Little update on the rotate view and view angle,to get the track more immersive
Attachments
Yellow&White.rar
(15.05 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
shot0002.jpg
Pixels are stronger than polys!
Nooklemaudit

Re: [cir] Yellow&White by McBidouille

Post by Nooklemaudit »

I havn't tried it yet, but that's look good to me.
I could say that the layout isn't very original, I have already seen that somewhere...
But the atmosphere, or the scenery I don't know how to say that, is just great.
It has everything that make a track eye-catching: The track is in central position, there are buildings, there is nature...
:ghug:
GeneRally looks like any racing game. It just got a smaller price and smaller cars
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

AHAHAHA A TRIPLE POST!!!!!

I LOL'D MAN!

Now to stay on topic: the track.
It looks... well... a bit below average. The people everywhere don't look nice and i think you should rather use stands instead of people everywhere. The armco barriers look a bit stupid as you used them for every wall, everywhere. Try using combinations of walls. Or atleast no armco barriers everywhere! And the runoffs and the mud in the forest has been done just with TE! That is quite ridiculous. Get rid of that and use the (old) paint to spray there, as you'd do with dithering. It'll look alot better. And read the tutorials in the tutorials section. Also, one stand looks nice but putting them beside eachother like that doesn't work. Try putting the stands inside the stands when making a curve and it'll look alot better. For the start, put some more stands there and try putting gates over them in lots of ways, like a cross, or just like a tunnel. Other people use this trick too and it looks quite well.
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Nooklemaudit

Post by Nooklemaudit »

Sorry for triple post, my silly phone decided to fight against my decision to return on previous page.
So each time I tried to return to that page, this idiot sent a new copy of my post. :doh:
GeneRally looks like any racing game. It just got a smaller price and smaller cars
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

This track looks simple and elegant, good job! The only issue I have is that it looks like the pit entry is not quite smooth with the track (that may be my eyes), but that's only worth mentioning because the rest of the track is fantastic.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ Nooklemaudit: you can edit your posts to delete the repeated texts (like I did now), if your phone will be doing you these troubles again. ;)

To topic the track is pretty good work, for close racing all the time in big fast bends, but I noticed I'm driving mainly on kerbs here instead of the track itself, maybe they are too wide or the gap between them and white line. :scratch: And if can advice something, don't hesitate to export lmap and edit it an external editor (like ms paint), the touches in TE don't really fit to the layout from SnakeDitor (like edges of runoffs/pits/paths). Or at least use higher settings for rope length to make the lines smoother :-) BTW the grass bank or fans is really impressive. :bg: