[cir] WestPenn

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
puttz

[cir] WestPenn

Post by puttz »

Well, here is my first release, and the first track that I've ever taken any sort of time on. I used only track editor, paint, and for the sweeping turn at the top I could only get is smooth using the BeBeLiOuS land editor. It's a rather small fictional circuit supposedly located somewhere in Western Pennsylvania (don't ask :P ). I realize it's a rather unusual (and certainly not very good looking) circuit, and also that the walls are not too good. The corner complex closest to the POV, right before the pits, is designed to give a sort of tight street circuit feel, While the further end of the track is much more open. Please give it a try and comment. I'd like to know how and where to improve :bg: (BTW, any tips for getting the walls smoother?)

Edit: By the way, this was made in version 1.2b, so I don't know if it will work in 1.10 and earlier.
Edit2: I just checked, it will not :vsad:
Attachments
WestPenn.zip
(31.28 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
WestPenn.jpg
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
cocney

Re: [cir] WestPenn

Post by cocney »

There is no need for wall in 3rd corner.
Make roads to stands.
Gap between pits and finish line are too big, IMO.
There is a lot of work to do in paint and place for improvements.
Runoffs aren't placed that well. They should follow racing line.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
GeneSuomi

Re: [cir] WestPenn

Post by GeneSuomi »

If this is your first track, I think it's quite good. First part looks nice, but I don't like those final corners as much because there are too much walls. You said that it's supposed to give an impression of a street track, but then you could have made it look like street part (like Melbourne) Add some road markings and junctions and I think it would look better. I also think that using 4 types of walls isn't so good idea :D
And the story was whatever was the song what it was