[cir] Erabelle

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Erabelle

Post by Crowella »

Keywords: Circuit, Crowella, Erabelle, Road, Desert, Canyon

Been a year and a half since I've released something so this is long overdue. A fast paced, club styled circuit next to a canyon. Different scenario with a desert. Very difficult to make it look empty but not too plain at the same time, also had a few issues thinking how to fill up the paddock so just went for the part upgraded look that seems to be the case with most club styled circuits.

The AI is good enough. I wanted to make sure it was possible for them to lap around without causing chaos to everyone else so it's not the quickest but rather, the cleanest I could make them so it may appear to be a slightly different line but they'll keep you honest ;)

Before anyone asks, I won't consider doing the abandoned section of the circuit as a track, just yet, maybe later on. I just wanted to get this track released so I can work on some new stuff.

This is also for the version 1.2b. The limiters are a nice touch, very helpful with the pit exit. :)
Attachments
Erabelle.zip
(84.07 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
Erabelle.jpg
View my archived circuits/cars here
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Erabelle

Post by Black Rebel »

ME LIKE. :bg:
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Thanks BR, glad to see appreciation. :) I was wondering if anyone had any critisism? Been a while between track making for me so I'm open to hear what others think.
PacmanOwnage

Post by PacmanOwnage »

Really, I don't think there can be much criticism for this track, whilst it's not a masterpiece, there is nothing wrong with it at all.

It might just be bordering on the lines of "seen it before" but this has little touches, like the canyons, the dirt tracks and the layout works really well.

I enjoyed it alot, and genuinly don't think any changes are needed, it's very well done :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I thought you lost this wip in a hdd crash. :hyper:

Amazing racing, the middle section is so fast, good lap rewards by great feeling, AI line is excellent. :up: Btw the track made me thinking, how Levin circuit (made by Areen not long ago btw), would look now if kept alive and updated. :-)

Visually the desert is so great, that those nice lmap cars almost disturb me. :-D Maybe few empty slots in the bottom-right and some more spread more around (1-2 rescue trucks/pace car/ambulance? IIRC XYY did it nicely on a fic club track). Also the highway is maybe too big, modest dusty district road would fit bit more IMHO. :scratch: But the pits are lovely. :yummy:

Hopefully next will arrive after shorter waiting! :bg:
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

PacmanOwnage wrote:It might just be bordering on the lines of "seen it before" but this has little touches, like the canyons, the dirt tracks and the layout works really well.

I enjoyed it alot, and genuinly don't think any changes are needed, it's very well done :bg:
Understood the seen it before thing. Guess it's part of GR at times but I'll see what I can do next time. Thanks PacmanOwnage. :bg:
Trigger Happy wrote:I thought you lost this wip in a hdd crash. :hyper:
Managed to repair the HDD and salvage it. Still using the same one now but I've backed up everything and reformatted. I think a new PC is on the cards shortly. :shhh: Means there is a few WIP's I can finish.
Trigger Happy wrote:Amazing racing, the middle section is so fast, good lap rewards by great feeling, AI line is excellent. :up: Btw the track made me thinking, how Levin circuit (made by Areen not long ago btw), would look now if kept alive and updated. :-)
Exactly what I was going for and is very hard to get circuits to have that on the edge feeling. I didn't expect this layout to work but I guess it has :D
Trigger Happy wrote:Visually the desert is so great, that those nice lmap cars almost disturb me. :-D Maybe few empty slots in the bottom-right and some more spread more around (1-2 rescue trucks/pace car/ambulance? IIRC XYY did it nicely on a fic club track). Also the highway is maybe too big, modest dusty district road would fit bit more IMHO. :scratch: But the pits are lovely. :yummy:
I wanted the feeling of overflowing cars for "that big race" with the car parks being full.

I'm not a fan of really wanting to put in LMap cars but it was needed here. I must admit I totally forgot to put in some other LMap rescue vehicles. I was just frustrated by the AI line by this point and was too excited to put a track up for once. Again, I'll take notes like that for next time.
Trigger Happy wrote:Hopefully next will arrive after shorter waiting! :bg:
Perhaps a few weeks? Thanks Trigger Happy :)
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

My very first thought when I saw this track was that I've seen it before. It reminds me of Aunnam in many ways. (similar layout and use of objects)

The track is quite nice to drive. The corner combination in the start of the track is neat, and the fast corner half-way through the track is awesome :up: What bothers me in this track is that basically half of the objects are in the same angle. It looks strange and somewhat unnatural to me. Object placement in the desert area is well made, but isn't very fascinating.

So yeah, it's a great track as it is, but to be honest, I would've expected something more spectacular from you. There just isn't anything that makes it outstanding compared to other tracks out there :shrug:
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

AleksiNir wrote:My very first thought when I saw this track was that I've seen it before. It reminds me of Aunnam in many ways. (similar layout and use of objects)
Shh! :shhh:
AleksiNir wrote:The track is quite nice to drive. The corner combination in the start of the track is neat, and the fast corner half-way through the track is awesome :up: What bothers me in this track is that basically half of the objects are in the same angle. It looks strange and somewhat unnatural to me. Object placement in the desert area is well made, but isn't very fascinating.
I'm glad you like those corners. Main drawcard here.

I can't imagine a desert to be fascinating but the object thing I understand. Sadly it had to fit the layout rather than just be scattered. Originally the stands were facing the S/F line on an angle but it just looked so much more wrong than it does now. :shrug: That or nothing and I was already sick of having nothing.
AleksiNir wrote:So yeah, it's a great track as it is, but to be honest, I would've expected something more spectacular from you. There just isn't anything that makes it outstanding compared to other tracks out there :shrug:
The kind of thing I want to hear. It's especially harder now that everyone is really at another level of track making. So I'll get back to work. Thanks Aleksi :bg:
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

Well, all I got to say is well done! :D

Really, this track is just simply great. Both the scenery and the gameplay of this track are so well done :) I'm kind of annoyed by the fact that when I do a track without many objects it looks just empty, so I just keep adding objects until it gets so messy... In this track instead, even if the hmap is plain (well except for the canyon), and there's just some bushes and cacti, the lmap is very well done and the scenery doesn't look empty or plain at all :D
Signatures are overrated