[cir] Zooling

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
DocWalt

[cir] Zooling

Post by DocWalt »

Hi folks :)

It's been ages since I've released a track (first time under this name actually) so I hope you guys enjoy it :D I tried to go with a somewhat realistic look again, with better results this time. AI is fairly brutal at 100 in my opinion, but I'm not the greatest driver ever :taped:
Attachments
Zooling.zip
(36.53 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
zooling.jpg
Glen

Re: [cir] Zooling

Post by Glen »

I like the deadly enter of the bridge! This track reminds me a little bit Suzuka!
Good track, well balanced between the GR and [rwl] style.
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

DocWalt wrote:It's been ages since I've released a track (first time under this name actually)
Which name did you release other tracks under? I didn't see you in the list with nickname changes, were you active on RSC?

Anyway, the track looks nice and I like the flow of it when racing, it's very "rhythmical". :heyea: I think you should draw some border lines on tarmac, because firstly, the track is kind of wide and some lines would make it a bit narrower (at least visually), and second, the whole track would look more lively, as there is a lot of tarmac and it's barely dithered. I wish you would put some more details on and around the track, like that truck and those lines next to it. It doesn't require much work, but these things really create a good atmosphere. ;)
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
DocWalt

Post by DocWalt »

Thanks guys! I'll make sure to consider your suggestions for my next track, egamad.

I used to be racer9 on RSC, back around '06 I think.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

egamad wrote:... I like the flow of it when racing, it's very "rhythmical". :heyea:
:iagree:

But I'm not sure, if it needs many more details, I feel it looks pretty harmonic and natural, especially how the landscape fits to the layout (which wasn't easy especially around those eses, but the left half looks really amazing :bsmile: ). Maybe the lines really wouldn't be bad idea, maybe only in pits (by yellow like the parking on left), but already now it's cute and very entertaining track. :bg:

And you're right, DocWalt, AI line really is OK, good job! :cool:
DocWalt

Post by DocWalt »

Thanks! :)