[cir] Salsedine - by AleksiNir and Darjo

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Salsedine - by AleksiNir and Darjo

Post by AleksiNir »

Hey guys! :hiya:

I realized that it's almost a year since last time I posted a track, plus it's summer time so I have a lot of free time at my disposal. I asked Darjo to join the project, and about 2 weeks later, here we are. I think the track has quite an unique feel to it, probably it's due to the lmap. We're both very satisified in the result.

World size: 110
Track length: 388
recommended car: Formula

Enjoy and leave a comment! :) There are separate versions in the .zip for widescreen and 4:3 resolutions.
Attachments
salsedine.jpg
Salsedine.zip
(162.09 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Salsedine - by AleksiNir and Darjo

Post by Crowella »

Oddly complex circuit. It has the HMap I expected from you both, very challenging in that sense and I got a real fright when I took the downhill hairpin corner to go under the bridge. Couldn't get a comfortable line while racing (which is not a bad thing at all). I also expected the corner before you go over the bridge to be very awkward but it's fine. The AI is nice and quick here.

If I were to nitpick, I would have liked to see the pitlane entry be similar to how the AI enter it. I can't be bothered taking the proper entry. It is way too slow and awkward.

Also it's odd seeing the car thrown around so much under the bridge and while it's a very quick part of the circuit and you do get used to it, the AI and myself seem to hit the bridge at the start of it. Could have been fixed by probably making the HMap less extreme underneath and more predictable.

Aside those points. Great little fun circuit :)
View my archived circuits/cars here
Von Mantov

Post by Von Mantov »

The track is very well made ​​and excellent .. regarding the layout of the track I think it's really unoriginal (8 with bridge in the center)... out there there are hundreds of paths with a layout similar to this ... 5/5 for trackmaking 3/5 for its originality...by holy men of trackmaking like you I expect something new :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Crowella wrote:.... Couldn't get a comfortable line while racing (which is not a bad thing at all). I also expected the corner before you go over the bridge to be very awkward but it's fine. The AI is nice and quick here. ... and myself seem to hit the bridge at the start of it. Could have been fixed by probably making the HMap less extreme underneath and more predictable.

Aside those points. Great little fun circuit :)
I must say that I'm getting bored, if I can complete perfect clean laps immediately within first 1-2 laps during first try. The exploring the track, facing its little catches and specific demands towards me (no matter of which nature) is the fun on beginning, so I agree with you - it's not bad thing, perfect small track with great hmap. :bg: Plus the wonderful pit lane (colourful, but still tasteful IMHO), cute details around and it all on nice but not too aggressive dithering? I was missing your tracks, guys. :hyper:

BTW layout - after 10 years of constant track-making (in which thousands tracks were made) I think it's pretty impossible to come with anything extremely fresh in a shape of racing circuit :scratch: and bridge is perfect way, how to join longer track (+ 10 secs) with small WS, where the game visually works best IMHO. :yummy:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

@Crowella: The pit entrance bothered me too, because as you said taking the entrance as it's "meant" to be taken isn't very practical. I decided to leave it this way due to aesthetics, I think that it looks more interesting this way.
I think that the occasional mayhem under the bridge is due to the bridge not being placed in the middle of the road below, to get the layout work better. This causes the posts that make the bridge obey the laws of physics to be quite close to the road. Probably should've made the AI a bit more careful there, to avoid some of the crashes. :ouch:

@mantov: Like Ivo said, it's a bit hard to come up with something original in such a small WS, especially if you want to include a bridge. :) What you said has been acknowledged though ;)

Thanks from the comments, guys. :mrgreen: Any more comments, please? :please:
wisedada

Post by wisedada »

Not bad @ all!

Personally i've found this track really fun and clean to ride, +1 for the road under the bridge having some sort of inclination that ride me out of path easily.

My hope is to see more little and funny tracks to ride on like that..

4.75/5 :bg:
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Great to see you two releasing tracks again :yummy:

I have enjoyed driving here. The part before bridge(I like it very much, reminds of Kyzio & co. :) ), bridge, and hmap offer nice challenges on this track. The layout itself isn't very exciting, it's bit like just 4 hairpins and 2 mandatory corners to make it possible to use bridge there. The hmap change in the last corner could be a bit smaller, because the wall is so close there. It is very easy to fly to the wall whilst racing with AIs. Or better option would have been adding a run-off to that corner.

Visually the track is very nice. The part below bridge is very impressive. I think I have never before seen as great pit lane as this. You have made very well the gravel area on the left :up: Also, the bottom-right area is lovely. In the upper part those booths look bit like they could be placed bit smoother. And then is that cliff before hairpin. I don't like it at all. It is too edgy, and it could have more mud and maybe border color aswell.

Hopefully there will be more tracks coming from you.
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil