View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 4, 4.75 on the average.Ratings: 4, 4.75 on the average.Ratings: 4, 4.75 on the average.Ratings: 4, 4.75 on the average.Ratings: 4, 4.75 on the average. 
 [stc] Ukudurri City 

GeneRally Trackmaster

Post [stc] Ukudurri City
I've got a new track for you, a small street track being inspired by such a great trackmakers like future design, BBA, Dragon, mathee, Aleksinir... Surely one of the best tracks I have ever done, and it's better to be that after so many hours of work. I don't think there's a need to say much about the track, it surely speaks for itself. There is two versions in the zip archive, one for 4:3 screen ratio and one for 16:9 screen ratio. AI line has been designed for original Formula.

So, have fun and comment, please :)

Attachments:
Ukudurri City.zip [102.66 KiB]
Downloaded 138 times
File comment: 4:3 version
Ukudurri City 4_3.png
Ukudurri City 4_3.png [ 117.93 KiB | Viewed 862 times ]
File comment: 16:9 version
Ukudurri City 16_9.png
Ukudurri City 16_9.png [ 86.95 KiB | Viewed 862 times ]

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:09 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

GeneRally Trackmaster

Post Re: [stc] Ukudurri City
Sweet city! :bsmile:

Although I can imagine something more simple (or even just empty pavement) on place of the rounded ├╝berhaus. :)

4,9999/5 :mrgreen:

My GR Racing Stats; thanks to GWR!

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:46 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

GeneRally Trackmaster

I also had a little bit of time to test the track. My impressions are mainly positives, but I still have something to mention:
- The white/green kerbs. the grass would be okay, but together with the white, I find it very hard to see the difference between the sunktyre and kerbs, especially in corners 7, 8 and 10.
- on the white surface in the infield, armco barriers may have looked better. Also the catchfencing in front of the stands is a bit too strong. It rather looks like there is an advertisment :rofl:
- three pits is not very much for this track, although it's okay.
- the infield area in the top left looks very empty, as if you started something there and abandoned it.
- the dithering is not my cup of tea.
But still, 4.5/5 :bg:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:00 pm

My sense says that the layout makes me think of a street circuit version of Mario Circuit 1 from Super Mario Kart. Gotta play this later on!

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:01 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

GeneRally Trackmaster

Thanks for your comments, Ivo, XYY and Rendy :)

Trigger Happy wrote:
Although I can imagine something more simple (or even just empty pavement) on place of the rounded ├╝berhaus. :)

I tried empty pavement there, but I didn't find it looking good enough. I also thought about having something simpler instead, but I wanted to keep this building here.

XYY wrote:
but together with the white, I find it very hard to see the difference between the sunktyre and kerbs, especially in corners 7, 8 and 10.

I thought about making an alternative of the track with different colored kerbs because of the reason you mentioned, but somehow I forgot it completely :hide:

XYY wrote:
- three pits is not very much for this track, although it's okay.

Yes, I would have liked to have at least four pits, but having this kind of special pit lane was more important for me, so I had to make a small sacrifice, that might make the track bit worse. But I haven't had any problems with pitting whilst racing with 6 AIs so far, so it seems not to be too bad thing :)

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:33 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 4, 4.75 on the average.Ratings: 4, 4.75 on the average.Ratings: 4, 4.75 on the average.Ratings: 4, 4.75 on the average.Ratings: 4, 4.75 on the average.