[stc] Ukudurri City

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stc] Ukudurri City

Post by Emil Patanen »

I've got a new track for you, a small street track being inspired by such a great trackmakers like future design, BBA, Dragon, mathee, Aleksinir... Surely one of the best tracks I have ever done, and it's better to be that after so many hours of work. I don't think there's a need to say much about the track, it surely speaks for itself. There is two versions in the zip archive, one for 4:3 screen ratio and one for 16:9 screen ratio. AI line has been designed for original Formula.

So, have fun and comment, please :)
Attachments
Ukudurri City.zip
(102.66 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
4:3 version
4:3 version
16:9 version
16:9 version
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [stc] Ukudurri City

Post by Trigger Happy »

Sweet city! :bsmile:

Although I can imagine something more simple (or even just empty pavement) on place of the rounded überhaus. :)

4,9999/5 :mrgreen:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I also had a little bit of time to test the track. My impressions are mainly positives, but I still have something to mention:
- The white/green kerbs. the grass would be okay, but together with the white, I find it very hard to see the difference between the sunktyre and kerbs, especially in corners 7, 8 and 10.
- on the white surface in the infield, armco barriers may have looked better. Also the catchfencing in front of the stands is a bit too strong. It rather looks like there is an advertisment :rofl:
- three pits is not very much for this track, although it's okay.
- the infield area in the top left looks very empty, as if you started something there and abandoned it.
- the dithering is not my cup of tea.
But still, 4.5/5 :bg:
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

My sense says that the layout makes me think of a street circuit version of Mario Circuit 1 from Super Mario Kart. Gotta play this later on!
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Thanks for your comments, Ivo, XYY and Rendy :)
Trigger Happy wrote:Although I can imagine something more simple (or even just empty pavement) on place of the rounded überhaus. :)
I tried empty pavement there, but I didn't find it looking good enough. I also thought about having something simpler instead, but I wanted to keep this building here.
XYY wrote:but together with the white, I find it very hard to see the difference between the sunktyre and kerbs, especially in corners 7, 8 and 10.
I thought about making an alternative of the track with different colored kerbs because of the reason you mentioned, but somehow I forgot it completely :hide:
XYY wrote:- three pits is not very much for this track, although it's okay.
Yes, I would have liked to have at least four pits, but having this kind of special pit lane was more important for me, so I had to make a small sacrifice, that might make the track bit worse. But I haven't had any problems with pitting whilst racing with 6 AIs so far, so it seems not to be too bad thing :)
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil