[cir] [tpk] [evo] Rockfield 1960-2012

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Hey! It's my first track - Rockfield. It's unreal track lies propably in England. This version of the 1960, but will be next :)
Attachments
'.rar
(26.34 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Rockfield 1960.PNG
Upcoming: Corse de Vivedo | Sandhill | Rockfield | Calton Park | Riviera | I.D | I.D | I.D
ALL TRACKS
DuklaLiberec

Re: [cir] Rockfield 1960

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Reasonable job for your first track, yet the curbs look imho somewhat dreary, as well as the pit wall. Speaking of it, the AI slides and broadside into it.

Otherwise a fair 3,9/5. ;)
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

It's quite good for a first track !

What did you used to make this track, Track Editor only ? It's can be difficult for some reason to make a few things like the height, the track itself or to make the land. I see one curb is abnormally high, you can use GRHMEdit where you can make a smooth curb. And why blue and white to create the kerbs ?

However you make an effort on dithering for the fields and little roads to let the persons pass. Good !

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Very good start, in future, could you upload files without apostrophes so the file name isn't broken? :)
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Thanks for all the comments. The next track will be better :)
Upcoming: Corse de Vivedo | Sandhill | Rockfield | Calton Park | Riviera | I.D | I.D | I.D
ALL TRACKS
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

What a lovely first track... i loved it... :bg:
But lets point out the flaws :twisted:

1 - 1960? it feels classic... but dont looks classic.
2 - Zoom in the track till you get rid of the white borders, its better to racing and it looks better too
3 - The upper straight... i cannot see my car... try to not hide important parts of the track next time
4 - All the kerbs... they dont look any good... and doesnt belong to this track too.. in the 60's just about 5% of the tracks had kerbs...
5 - The pits... too modern, as the kerbs are too, you should have done a 'road pit stop' instead... it would suit better the track
6 - Concrete walls spoils the classic looks a bit, but not a issue really, i just prefer to use armcos instead, well, your call here.
7 - the hairpin in the top left with the crazy banking... could be smoother, but it suits well the track
8 - The world size is unecessarly large for this track... looks like its 255... zooming the track should help, but i really think the WS should not exceed 220 in this track

Keep up evolving, you started very well here :bg:
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Otto Wilson - Your comments / advice is very good, but I don't understand "road pit stop" :)
ALL TRACKS
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

YoNnie111 wrote:Otto Wilson - Your comments / advice is very good, but I don't understand "road pit stop" :)
Pit crew standing next to the track, not separated from track by pit wall. :)

BTW I like this one too. :) Maybe the sharp bends could fit rather to antient road course than antient circuit. :scratch:
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I didn't expect to be so nice words. Really. Through the creation of the track that's more fun :)
ALL TRACKS
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Hello! After all the comments on the track I decided to make a new version. Here it is!
Attachments
Rockfield 1960 v1.1.rar
(25.32 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Rockfield 1960.PNG
ALL TRACKS
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

A distinct improvement on the 1st version, now it feels much more of a 1960's track. If you are tempted to continue it further, consider placing more people, as the trackeditor is a bit deceptive on the amount of people. Also consider some basic road markings for the grid, also where HMap is steep, such as the outside of the hairpin, add a cliff texture.

Also if you wanted to go further and bring that last corner (eau rouge) back into it a bit, as the changes have lost some of its effect, perhaps consider using the haybale wall to define the turn final part of the turn, move the pits closer to turn one and place a house behind the wall.

You did well not falling into the classic rookie mistake of packing the trees tightly together, you also kept them mixed well, they are a bit aligned in places, but this is near the track side so I can overlook it. You have also placed some individually along the field sides, this is something I always consider when using fields, it often makes a good effect, sometimes coupled with a bush or a set of 3 trees.

A good job for a first track. I look forward to your next tracks :bg:
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Thanks for the advice but I don't intend to develop this version of the track. I plan versions in the new few years and a lot of other tracks.
ALL TRACKS
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Hey guys! I finished my project called Rockfield. I worked very long at him.. And I done! (Rockfield 1960 is too)
Attachments
Rockfield 1960-2012.zip
(642.35 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
Rockfield 2012.PNG
Rockfield 1994.PNG
Rockfield 1982.PNG
Rockfield 1976.PNG
ALL TRACKS
DuklaLiberec

Re: [cir] [tpk] [evo] Rockfield 1960-2012

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Your evo versions look nice indeed. However, I find the chicane at the middle of the '94 and '12 version somewhat too pointy, as it appers like a flaw to me. Another thing which is not really my cup of tea is the empty asphalt run-off area at the bottom left. I like the previous versions more because you've added gravel to it, although you might have intended to replace it with asphalt, it seems... too plain to me. :| And IMO you could have enlarged the gravel areas, because all of them (except that one at the bottom right) are a bit too small in my eyes.
BTW, that tiny chicane in the '12J track is too narrow I think. :D

My favourite version is the '76 one, but I think the '82 and '94 tracks don't look bad, either.

3,7/5 for the '12 versions, and 4/5 for the rest. :star:
YoNnie

Re: [cir] [tpk] [evo] Rockfield 1960-2012

Post by YoNnie »

Thanks Dukla, it's very important for me :).
ALL TRACKS