[cir] [roa] Estherville

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Von Mantov

[cir] [roa] Estherville

Post by Von Mantov »

Hi mates...after the summer stop i post my last track Estherville...a town designed to hold an annual championship among the best pilots of the region...
the particularity of the track is the long pit line...which will provide a further area of challenge...
recommend races 20-25 laps or 25 minutes for time trail. here the best strategies wins

Enjoy friends! :wave:

two relase...for 1024 x 768 res and higher
Attachments
land without pit pit pit.zip
(39.93 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Estherville higher res not double zip inside.zip
(54.15 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Estherville800.png
Estherville all other higher resolutions.zip
(44.53 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
Estherville 1024 x 768.zip
(53.28 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Last edited by Von Mantov on Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
DocWalt

Re: [cir] [roa] Estherville

Post by DocWalt »

Looks like a great track, but why is it a .7z inside the zip?
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

Great track anyway. Lmap is perfect. :bg:
The only negative point IMHO is the "PITPITPITPIT" thing.

Entering in the pits is more challenging than the track itself. :flip:
Von Mantov

Post by Von Mantov »

Sorry for the double zip inside al other res file i was sleeping yesterday night :compko: ...i know the write Pit Pit PIt may not like at all....so i post the land without it...i stay tuned for your comment :goodvibes:
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

One of the most original track these days :bg: (Fish! from Kikwik is more original though)! Not just that, but it is highly difficult to win here. The pit entrance is unnecessarily long I think, but judging from your first post you must have wanted that way, also it looks really good. I would love to see another stc with buildings placed closely like this :D ! I don't really like outlines on landmap objects, but likes and dislikes. But I must say, the building of Ikea and the cars in front of it are absolutly perfect in terms of size! They go so well with the race cars, they fit in perfectly, no objection againts the scale! No problem with the height map either. It makes the track really challenging and helps a lot in drifting! Thanks for uploading a clean pitstop version! Fantastic work with the landmap and a really great track! :bg:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Von Mantov

Post by Von Mantov »

:bsmile: thx Garbre!...I tried to use other colors for the border of the buildings but lost contrast and brightness ... so I decided to use a graphic as borderlands ... a little
comics ...
I think this track requires training before reaching the podium ... many curves must anticipate and prepare
especially with fast cars
(I use the Le Mans here) ... the Pit line? ... I think it's one of the longest ever seen .... and this is another touch of originality that I wanted to make ...
I'm glad you liked it .... especially to you who are the guru of Imap items! thx :)
Pasketi

Post by Pasketi »

I'm not into LMap objects myself, but when I saw that HMap, I just fell in love!

Track itself looks a bit narrow (I've seen narrower, though...) and the pits... Oh god the pits! How do you enter the pits?? (I'll have to review the tracks by their looks for a moment, since I can't play GR on a Mac... Hope the sequel has a Mac port :) )

Overall I like the looks of the track, but I doubt the results of my playtest...
Never let GeneRally die!
Von Mantov

Post by Von Mantov »

as I said in my other tracks.
Here it is important to training and take the right rhythm
thanks for commenting and good luck with your tracks..
PS with an emulator you can run GR with a Mac...an italian user just try it and run perfectly...if you are interested i can ask him how...
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Only detail - compare vertical poles of Welcome board on right-middle and trunk of leaf tree next to it or pine tree above, the perspective there isn't as perfect as on left half, where's plenty of sweet buildings. :bsmile:

I'd also like some crossroad of the roads in top-right instead of loop without a big purpose public-traffic-wise (now it's available only from crossroads of inner city, a joint from outside -city on top would help).

Anyway 4,85/5. :up:
Von Mantov

Post by Von Mantov »

This defect is due to the use of multiple resolutions ... thx for comment may be I'll post another land with other roads.
Attachments
Immagine.PNG
Immagine.PNG (34.11 KiB) Viewed 2682 times
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Interesting, but at same time objects on left side by vertical mirror are not messed up by the resolution (look on screenshot in 1st post). Possibly you made the board in other resolution than while working on other side? If verticals are correct there (pool and house on other side of road), it should work equally well on right, shouldn't it. :scratch:
Von Mantov

Post by Von Mantov »

the cartel became distorted with the passage of time
there to Esterhville! :D
:) apart from the jokes
I have to say that to obtain the same effect by changing the resolutions
I varied the angle of the relase trying to achieve the same visual effect compensating the squashing and stretching of the change of resolutions
the other way was to redesign each property ... :scratch: 'd become old :greybeard:
I could make a landmap to correct the sign and add some new crossroads...