[evo] [cir] [tpk] Track Restoration Project : Community

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Kikwik

[evo] [cir] [tpk] Track Restoration Project : Community

Post by Kikwik »

Hi everyone !

I explained my concept in the tracks'thread for wips, ideas, ... but I will explain in details what it's about.

All the community of GRIF have gained a track but it was abandonned several years ago (by Darjo :D from LOLOL's track. Thanks for the opportunity you gave me to make a new concept from your track !) and it's now in pitiful state ... Look at this :
Community.jpg
What's a pity, isn't it ? But its name is "Community" and all of us, we will work hard to give back his glory to this track, our track ! How ? Racing, of course ! :)

Because to prove you're good enough to take care of our track, you must beat records. And when you beat records, you gain money (figuratively ! :D ) and you'll be able to improve our track.

You'll be then on the Wall of Fame, where all the racers who participate to the projet will be there.

Now, the Rules !

1. There are 7 rounds, each with a theme and each with 3 places to take ; 1st, 2nd and of course 3rd place. Each places will allow you to make something to improve the track. (For exemple, a racer win the 3rd place. He'll be able to remove or add something to the track and make it better. 1st place is of course very demanding in work on the track, but fully rewarded because you'll do a big improvement to the track and all the community will see what you have done.)

2. When I release the track, you must beat one of the three records. The first who beat one of the records will be added to the Wall of Fame and will be able to improve the track. When a record is beaten, it's over. Try an highest record. And please take a screenshot of your record !

3. When all the records are beaten, the racer who win the 3rd place can make his improvement and only his improvement ! No less, no more. There's a good reason to it : there will be more rounds and improvements and it will allow others to participate restoring the track.
If this condition is not respected, the second racer who win the 2nd place can refuse the bad improved track and the 3rd racer must start again (Don't abuse on this !).

4. Please when you release your track to put a name to it (For exemple, a racer win the 3rd place in round 1. He must put the name : "1-3Community", with no spaces).

5. When the racer who win the 1st place done his improvement, he must send me his track by PM. No official release, because I must set the prizes and records on the new track.

6. And then, I will release the same track that give me the racer and it start again.

7. At the end of all the rounds, I will put all the tracks, from the beginning to the end in one trackpack, to give to everyone the possibility to see what each one have done, step by step ! And ... a little surprise ... but you will learn more on the 7 round !

I hope everyone understand the rules. If someone have any question, or maybe tell me a thing I forgot, say it to me !

Options to set : Generally default options, Original formula only (UOGRC are allowed since these formulas have the same values than the original one).

Tips : If you are a very good racer, please let the 3rd and 2nd record to rookies, that will allow anyone to participate and have a chance to be on the Wall of Fame.Thanks for them !

I will not post now my track until a lot of people see the rules and be prepared to race. I will post it Wednesday, 15:00 GMT. Be aware !
Last edited by Kikwik on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
YoNnie

Re: [evo][cir][tpk] Community

Post by YoNnie »

This is an interesting idea! I wonder how the track will look like after a few rounds ... :scratch:
Upcoming: Corse de Vivedo | Sandhill | Rockfield | Calton Park | Riviera | I.D | I.D | I.D
ALL TRACKS
puttz

Post by puttz »

Might this be a little more appropriate in the compo section?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

@puttz : I hardly think about it and I found it's more appropriate here because it's more a collective work to restore a track than a pure championship. There are races, but it's not the most important aspect of the event. The first who beat one of the 3 records will be able to restore a little the track, not to be the big winner of all the races.

Otto gave me a great idea which is a "Track Restoration competition for Trackmakers" where there are no races, and I will organize it when my event will be done.

If you want, like I see there is not a big excitation about this, I can report the release of the track, records and theme at wednesday (I can't tell you an hour since it's an international forum and the hour in France is not the same elsewhere). I understand that a lot of people work and go to school, so I will let you more time. :)

TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Kikwik wrote:(I can't tell you an hour since it's an international forum and the hour in France is not the same elsewhere)
You can tell the GMT time, it's the same everywhere. ;)

It seems an interesting concept, hope you get people involved. :)
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Thanks YoNnie111 and Tuomoh, I'm pleased to see there are racers interested in it !

Thanks for the advice Tuomoh, GMT is very weird ! At the top right of the forum, it is the GMT Time, right ?

So, if I say 15:00 GMT, it's the same time shown by the forum ?

If so, I will upload my track Wednesday, 15:00 GMT ! :)

If I can't, I will tell you as soon as possible, but I think it will be okay ! :sweatdrop:

TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Kikwik wrote:At the top right of the forum, it is the GMT Time, right ?

So, if I say 15:00 GMT, it's the same time shown by the forum ?
It depends on whether you have changed the setting for yourself or not. ;) See here for the current GMT. :)
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

It works fine on me, it's actually the same hour than the official GMT ! Thanks ! :bsmile:

I will update my first post to put the date and the hour !

nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

Sounds like a cool idea.

I have one question though: How are you going to "limit" the improvements that one trackmaker/racer does?

You can also divide the track into (for example) 6 squares and say that the winner of each round can fully modify and modernize his 'square'. So after round one there'll be one 'restored' square and 5 'old' squares. On that track, there'll be a new race, and the winner of that race can restore the second square (next to the first square, or, maybe more interestingly: on the other side of the track).

It's a little less "involved" than your idea, and maybe a little easier to execute?
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Your idea is near to what "Joint Effort" consist in. But my idea is ... no ... no, I can't tell you until I'll release my track, the theme and records. Because it will not be a surprise if I tell you ! :roll:

I'm sorry not to tell you more ... wait for tomorrow and I will answer at your question by uploading my track ! ;)

Thanks for the interest ! :bsmile:

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I like this idea a lot too, but I'm bit afraid of the tasks, how much time-demanding it will be to accomplish it before next round. :bg:

But more importantly I think you should rename the topic, it looks like a common release topic in the index page, something telling about nature of project-in-progress should be included. Also at same time add gaps between those tags like Uploading handbook asks for, please. :shhh:
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

For the tasks, it will not take too long, and it's vary between the different places to win. From 3rd place to 1st place, the tasks increases in difficulty, but like you will see and like I want, it will not be so hard to do.

And yes, I will rename my topic, sorry for this ! :sweatdrop:

Kikwik

Re: [evo] [cir] [tpk] Track Restoration Project : Community

Post by Kikwik »

Ok, here's time !
Community.jpg
Community.rar
(64.14 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

1st round : Clean the track
- 1st prize = Trees and rocks removed and Wall of Fame builded (just a little white plate with "Wall of Fame" if you can or just “W of F” in grey letters on the top of the plate, in front of us where it can be viewed for everyone, near the circuit or where the people come to see the track for example. And don't worry again if it will block the restoration, because we can take it and replace it wherever we want later with Paint for example)

- 2nd prize = Bushes removed (If you see bushes on trees, don't delete them if you are afraid to delete a tree. But don't worry about it !)

- 3rd prize = Garbages removed (All sunk tyres on the tarmac and the parking)

Records to beat : 1st : 36,98 s
2nd : 39 s
3rd : 42 s

Like you see, it's not complicated to beat these records, maybe the 1st will not be a piece of cake ! But, if nobody can get it, I will choose the best record posted. Don't forget ! When a record is beaten, it's over. Try an highest record. And please take a screenshot of your record !

To answer at Nielske and Trigger Happy, this restoration is like in real world. To restore a track, we must have money, so races to get it. And it's like an association, with volonteer racers who give their time and money (figuratively) to restore it.
The 3rd place is the less rewarding, so less money and so less work. The 1st place is the most rewarding and the racer who win this place get more money than others and can buy or do more things than others, like real world.
And all the restoration can't be immediate, it's why there are 7 rounds, 7 steps.

I hope I answered at your questions. If not, ask me again !

puttz

Post by puttz »

Could you specify the exact values for the settings? Also, since this is based on hotlaps, perhaps tire wear and fuel consumption should be set to zero. Just a thought.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Sorry ... I must leave this forum for personnal reasons. It's a shame that I can't stay and continue this project ...

But I let you my guide for it :

"Rounds for the Community track
Name : Community

Prizes :

Glory
7th round : - 1st prize = The right to put his signature (name, logo) on the center of the track (or the best place to see it) + The right to make the last finish touch on the circuit + The trackpack of all the tracks from beginning to end made by Kikwik + The Surprise (if it's one^^) : A new cubic track (50 WS or less) which is the Wall of Fame with all the names of all the racers who win (1st racers in gold letters, 2nd racers in blue for silver and 3rd racers in brown for bronze) added separately from the original track made by Kikwik (Of course the trackpack and the Wall of Fame will not be just available to the winner ! ^^)
- 2nd prize = Cars on parkings added + The right to make his own pixelised car with the name of the racer on it
- 3rd prize = A lot of people added + The right to put a person with the name of the racer in a bubble (Hi, I'm "Name of the racer")

Buildings
6th round : - 1st prize = Pits garages added
- 2nd prize = Racers village added (where the waste soring center was)
- 3rd prize = Stands added with pedestrian bridge to go to the little chinese garden

Environnement 2
5th round : - 1st prize = Little chinese garden (or what your imagination tell you to do !) on the center of the track
- 2nd round = Trees, flowers and grass added
- 3rd prize = Artificial lake on the center of the track

Environnement
4th round : - 1st prize = Roads to come to see the track and parkings restored
- 2nd prize = Waste sorting center removed (Same as 3rd prize, please ! And you can change Hmap too.)
- 3rd prize = Old building removed (please make a little dithering after removed the old building, avoiding a big mud or grass area !)

Tracks equipements
3rd round : - 1st prize = Kerbs and paintings added to the track
- 2nd prize = Walls added to the track
- 3rd prize = Sunk tyres added to the track

Restore the tarmac
2nd round : - 1st prize = Tarmac entirely restored (just tarmac, not painting)
- 2nd prize = Tarmac for pits and starting flag (not starting line !)
- 3rd prize = Tarmac partially restored (just Hmap, be careful not touch Hmap of the waste sorting center on the top left !)

Clean the track
1st round : - 1st prize = Trees and rocks removed and Wall of Fame builded (just a little white plate with "Wall of Fame" if you can or just “W of F” in grey letters on the top of the plate, in front of us where it can be viewed for everyone, near the circuit or where the people come to see the track for example. And don't worry again if it will block the restoration, because we can take it and replace it wherever we want later with Paint for example)
- 2nd prize = Bushes removed (If you see bushes on trees, don't delete them if you are afraid to delete a tree. But don't worry about it !)
- 3rd prize = Garbages removed (All sunk tyres on the tarmac and the parking)"

I can't upload it as a text file.

Sorry again ... Adieu, like we say in France ...

nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

?

That was sudden, and unexpected...
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //