[cir] Nought

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
RedlineM203

[cir] Nought

Post by RedlineM203 »

2nd releasable track. A winding circuit.

Decided to go beyond the official Track Editor. Big improvements because of such but some factors.. maybe not. Let's see you decide about that, though.
Attachments
NoughtFix.zip
Fixed version
(61.24 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
nought copy.png
Last edited by RedlineM203 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The lost Ninja

Re: [cir] Nought

Post by The lost Ninja »

I like it, nice placing of the stands, the small lake is good, with the bushes ant trees around it.
I do have my difficulties with the last corner, because of the concrete wall in the middle of the road. :mrgreen:
:bg:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Checkpoints are crap! Have a hand at that...
RedlineM203

Post by RedlineM203 »

Yup, I know the pit wall, atleast the opening is a little close to the track... I'll try think of some sort of fix.

Huh. I think I'll be looking over those checkpoints. I manually replaced the finish line as it didn't even cover the pitstop. SnakeDitor isn't as great as it seems, but then again, the auto-checkpoints were meant to keep to the road.. I'll work on that.

EDIT: ... What I didn't expect however was all of them to be jumbled. Major fix in the works.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

RedlineM203 wrote:Yup, I know the pit wall, atleast the opening is a little close to the track... I'll try think of some sort of fix.

Huh. I think I'll be looking over those checkpoints. I manually replaced the finish line as it didn't even cover the pitstop. SnakeDitor isn't as great as it seems, but then again, the auto-checkpoints were meant to keep to the road.. I'll work on that.
i didnt know that snakeditor did checkpoints, although im still using an older version. but checkpoints take two minutes in trackeditor and they are exactly how you want them, so just do it that way, no excuses ;)

but otherwise, looks good though i havent tested, well done!
RedlineM203

Post by RedlineM203 »

Bouncebackability wrote:
RedlineM203 wrote:Yup, I know the pit wall, atleast the opening is a little close to the track... I'll try think of some sort of fix.

i didnt know that snakeditor did checkpoints, although im still using an older version. but checkpoints take two minutes in trackeditor and they are exactly how you want them, so just do it that way, no excuses ;)

but otherwise, looks good though i havent tested, well done!
Guess it's reason then, heh. Oh well, you're right.

Anyway, fixed version online, download from the first post. Checkpoints are done right and I removed part of the pit entrance wall.
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

It's great for your 2nd track, but there's two major points that you could improve. First, use height map. Flat terrain is after all quite boring to drive, and even little hmap would make the track much more intresting to drive. Second, put more details to outside of the circuit. You don't need to have only the same parse forest everywhere. Roads and buildings for example can be there.
RedlineM203

Post by RedlineM203 »

There actually is (a hmap), but supposedly it's far too faint to notice. I'll remember it in the future anyway.
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

RedlineM203 wrote:There actually is (a hmap), but supposedly it's far too faint to notice. I'll remember it in the future anyway.
Oh okay, commented without testing ( :roll: ).. Little strange there's no kerb in the top hairpin :scratch:
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Maybe you should add more hills at the track. That might be nice.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog