[cir] Ruudskogen

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
puttz

[cir] Ruudskogen

Post by puttz »

Here is the first of my tracks based off of the tracks in TORCS: Ruudskogen. The hmap somewhat follows the hmap on the actual track, although it is not totally accurate. If the road width or edges seems a little odd, that's because I just took the track preview image (which was just a white path), and did some resizing of it so that it would work in GR, then added all the details. I did this to assure that the layout is faithful to the original track, rather than trying to approximate it by hand. Hope someone enjoys this one :bg:
Attachments
Ruudskogen.zip
(50.13 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Ruudskogen.jpg
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
DuklaLiberec

Re: [cir] Ruudskogen

Post by DuklaLiberec »

The track itself is not too bad basically, it is nice to see a virtual track for GR released. The layout looks fine, so 4/5 given from me. ;)
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

puttz wrote:If the road width or edges seems a little odd, that's because I just took the track preview image (which was just a white path), and did some resizing of it so that it would work in GR, then added all the details. I did this to assure that the layout is faithful to the original track, rather than trying to approximate it by hand.
I'm not sure if this is the best way to do recreate a course layout from TORCS or Speed Dreams.

One of the better ways, in my opinion, is to make a work path which traces the center of the track outline in GIMP or Photoshop. You can then transform the size of the vector path to exaggerate course shapes, etc. This is more effective than just straight-up taking the track outline, because the width stays consistent and the track shape is more smoother.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Elit3noob

Post by Elit3noob »

I swear I've heard of this simulator racing game before, must've not got the chance to try it out back then.

IMO the track is 'cute' and very great for having some good battles. Although in GeneRally it looks to simple, so at least 1 or 2 grandstands or something would be nice.

9.4/10
haha tricked you ;P