[ral] Pakerno

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
cocney

[ral] Pakerno

Post by cocney »

I haven't finished track in 2 months and I was worried about my trackmaking so I made a rally track.
Here is Pakerno, IMO, the best rally track I have made.
Hope you will enjoy riding it.
Be careful in Bot-left and follow AI's.
Attachments
shot0004.jpg
Pakerno.zip
(74.2 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
cocney

Re: [ral] Pakerno

Post by cocney »

It's been 4 days since I released this track and there is not a single comment in of it.
I would like to hear people's opinions.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Pasketi

Post by Pasketi »

I like the looks of it. Reminds me of Finland...

Although every rally-track will look like finland, unless you somehow get it to look like a mountainside-twisty-frigging-road. Then it would be something like Colin McRae rally 1 Monte Carlo rally.

Back to the track: By how it LOOKS (haven't played it... yet) I like it. even though it might look a little confusing at first, since there's no clear roads and it seems to run on an evenly shaded mix of mud, sand and grass. There's also no apparent point of entry to the track, because it's in the middle of the forest. These points are purely cosmetic though.

On the gameplay side (I still haven't played it) it seems like a track best to be played with friends. Since there is a lot of space on the track and no walls, it will be a perfect game of "ram-your-friends-to-lake-or-forest-or-miss-and-go-yourself". The pits seem a little tight to enter also.

What I like on the track is the Jump part ('cause I like stunts, there's nothing wrong with that) and the top right corner (It looks nice and banked).

Would I change something? Maybe I'd add some path that actually looked like a road the car's would enter the track from.

I'll give 4/5
Never let GeneRally die!
Niko K

Post by Niko K »

The track is really enjoyable with it's arcade-ish off road feeling and although it hasn't really got a clear indication where you should drive, a little common sense and feel of the hmap will guide you through the intended driving line even without any AI's on-board. I also ran a few 6 lap races with the AI's and I've gotta say that within all of it's simplicity it's a really fun and laid back track to drive. Also the jump works great since it's quite close after the corner and depending on the car of choice there's a possibility you'll still be correcting the slide once you hit the tip of the ramp. One funny detail I discovered was that when you come to the corner after the jump, there seems to be some tarmac in the mix (possibly resembling rock on the hills) and you can suddenly hear skid sounds although it looks like you're driving on dirt. :P

There could always be a little more detail and variation in the scenery, but I guess it's really a double-edged sword that could ruin the simple and open feel of the track. I'll give the track a solid 5/5 stars since it's just great fun and a nice alternative to narrow rally tracks or complex circuits. :yummy:

I'd definitely like to see more tracks like this, but possibly with a little more detail so they don't start looking like the came from the same mold.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain