[cir] Middlegrove

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
CamrosX
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Middlegrove

Post by CamrosX »

I know I said sometime ago I was doing anymore 255 circuits. Well, that didn't work so good. :doh: Anyways, here's Middlegrove, a F1 circuit inspired by corners of famous circuits. There is alot going on and I'm sure you guys can figure which circuit they are from. I did try to keep a balance of straights and turns and keep as real as possible which is sometimes difficult for fictional tracks. ~ENJOY!~
Attachments
Middlegrove.zip
(119.84 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
Middlegrove.jpg
"As you may have noticed, I've done this properly."
STOP SCROLLING!!DOWNLOAD ALL OF MY TRACKS: http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=408
Pasketi

Re: [cir] Middlegrove

Post by Pasketi »

This is epi... Wait a moment!

My problem with the new generation maps (Not simple maps) is not the complexity, which is required in making them, but the realistic narrowness of certain things, i.e. the pit lane. Other problem is not-seeing-where-you-drive, but it's a totally other problem, even though present in this track.

As a layout I'd say the track is beautiful. You could make an alternative for the 2nd corner (So it'll be a triple chicane).

And for crying out loud widen up the pit entrance. This is not Live For Speed! This is Generally! The reason "The cars must slow down to get to the pits" isn't valid anymore, since we have speed limiters.

I'll give 4/5, since those 2 flaws are common. This is my opinion, don't hate me for it.
Never let GeneRally die!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ Pasketi: it has unusually wide pit lane, are you this is a trouble? I'd expect opposite reaction in relation to your tastes. :-) BTW I usually make much narrower, because it's sufficient for my driving.

I cannot wait to test this! :yummy:
Bunchies

Post by Bunchies »

The pit lane entrance looks like half the track width! That is wide.

Conversely, I have no problem playing full sized maps like this. These circuits are my preferred tracks, much better with high difficulty in repeating the same rhythm through the entire lap.

The pits don't bother me because i only need to do 1-2 stops for most 25km races. 3 stops if the track is very hard on tires. I just need to be mindful not to crash when I go in for 2 out of my 36 laps. Not a huge deal to me.