[cir] Kazanring

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
ExiooPL

[cir] Kazanring

Post by ExiooPL »

Hello! :)

I want introduce my new test track for the Caterham team. It lies in the Sermon on the edge of the forest. It's very fast and simple. I hope for forward to comments and advice. Enjoy!
Attachments
shot0000.bmp.jpg
Kazanring.zip
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 243 times
The Grimeloid

Re: [cir] Kazanring

Post by The Grimeloid »

It looks really good. I will download it, and then I can give a better opinion.

EDIT: It's a good track indeed. I didn't like, however, the inside wall on turn 1.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
Buka

Post by Buka »

It's not the best track I've ever seen, but definitely not the worst. The track should probably have some more run-offs as it's test track. Plus it's a bit too squarish for my taste.

And one more thing, Kazanring is the real name of a real track. And it may confuse other people. Try to give fictional names to fictional tracks. ;)
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Hmmm ... Buka I agree, I think this track is something missing, but I do not know what. Anyway, the track is ok: D
Upcoming: Corse de Vivedo | Sandhill | Rockfield | Calton Park | Riviera | I.D | I.D | I.D
ALL TRACKS
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

One of planned pit crew missing, plus they are so tight (and the pit lane in sum), that it doesn't work for racing. :(

Fun factor of layout is unfortunately quite average, hmap as interesting as the breast of a Chinese Olympic gold medallist in lady gymnastics, concrete walls very close to kerbs both outside and inside curves don't help either.

Very careful and detail work on lmap and deserves a thumb up. :up: Please, focus more on gameplay in next tracks too and your tracks will be amazing. :)
ExiooPL

Post by ExiooPL »

Thanks for all the comments and advice, I will take it to heart, and will use the next track. :D
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Trigger Happy wrote:hmap as interesting as the breast of a Chinese Olympic gold medallist in lady gymnastics
Comment of the year! Have to agree with all the comments above, it's all a bit sparse, layout isn't bad but doesn't work with the surroundings you've chosen. Also reminds me of lukeno94's Ackland. But keep it up, the next one will be better!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I'm pretty sure that's not the most appropriate comment in the history of the world Ivo... as amusing as it may be. :rofl: I've got nothing to say that hasn't been said before, but it's a reasonable track.
Niko K

Post by Niko K »

I enjoy the style of the track, but I think the rotation is unnecessary as it just makes everything look smaller like if it had a world size of 200+ which is out of my comfort zone. This one's not a keeper, but I'm looking forward to your future releases. :bg:
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain