View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 12, 4.92 on the average.Ratings: 12, 4.92 on the average.Ratings: 12, 4.92 on the average.Ratings: 12, 4.92 on the average.Ratings: 12, 4.92 on the average. 
 [stc] [cir] Johnq Bay Yard 

Post [stc] [cir] Johnq Bay Yard
Hello again. This is my newtest creation: Johnq Bay Yard. I hope you'll like it. ;)

Attachment:
g-r.png
g-r.png [ 835.02 KiB | Viewed 1038 times ]

Attachments:
Johnq Bay Yard.rar [47.49 KiB]
Downloaded 169 times
Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Post Re: [stc] [cir] Johnq Bay Yard
Oh my.. It's fantastic! I very very like sreet circuits, and your is awesome! When I saw first screens about this track, I don't think, that this may look like that I see now :O

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Awesome! :yummy:
Reminds me of the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
Only bad thing is that i would get epilepsy on the back-straight after a few laps. :P

Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Wow, beautiful circuit :bg: Can't wait to see how it drives. Usually I'm more focused on how a track drives than how it looks, but this one impresses me.

April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 pm

GeneRally Trackmaster

Well, visually this is very close to 5/5 (who really knows, if it's the best possible, someone else can always prove us wrong), but having tested it, I have to tell you about a few small downsides: The area after the roundabout is way too narrow. Also the very close wall on the inside always kicks me to the soft wall (Snakeditor can't do magic either, and so there are little bumps in the walls... :shhh: It's worst there, because there you need the space even more, but I've got the same impressions in all other corners where you used this technique. It also doesn't make the track look better IMO :worried: ). Btw, the AI's have similar problems if there are 2 or 3 cars next to each other. Otherwise they're quite competitive (apart from the first corner where I kept kicking them against the wall to gain an advantage :cool2: ). Next, the water area of the track looks quite cheap compared to the lovely details everywhere else :love: Finally, I'd like to request also a non-line version (you could color all lines in light grey), because now the track is very lively but sometimes maybe even a bit too colourful :D

4,8/5 :star:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:03 pm

GeneRally Trackmaster

This is epic! :shock:

2 minor complains - palm trees are bit everywhere on both sides of roads, if some streets would have them only on one or other side, it'd change the rhythm. Also at some places it'd improve car visibility a bit (as Mr.J noted). Second, which I didn't noticed in preview, the bay looks bit strange to me with darkest areas (deepest) on banks, centre light (mild looking). But maybe it's logical in fact (marina)?

Anyway, rating similar to XXY', so 5 stars. :bg:

BTW mayI ask why Johnq in the name? :scratch:

My GR Racing Stats; thanks to GWR!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:26 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Thank you all guys for the good opinions. :goodvibes:

Trigger Happy wrote:
BTW mayI ask why Johnq in the name? :scratch:

Just because. I don't have any track in my "portfolio" starting from "J" so that's why and ofc i'm lying :>

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:45 pm

WOW! Areen you're a genius. This is your best track. I can not enjoy the ride after him. I really like the idea of ​​a pit-stop. 5,1/5! :bg:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:15 am
Profile E-mail ICQ WWW

Very great street circuit, it kinda reminds me of Toronto, St. Petersburg, and even Homebush. And the roundabout reminds me of Bayfront Park street circuit. The only problem I have with this track is the pit exit is way too narrow. I think with a SP with limiters version would fix this issue, maybe. But, nonetheless, except for that, the track is adorable.

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:15 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Love the scenery of your track. There might be too much palms, but never mind.... :mrgreen:
I am agreeing with XYY that some sections are too narrow for 2-3 cars driving side by side, and I have to admit the colour of the curbs are not really my cup of tea, however, there is no doubt about it that your track deserves at least 4,8/5 stars. :bg:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:37 pm
Profile WWW

GeneRally Trackmaster

Your eyes must get used to this colorful masterpeice to race on it confidently! :bg: Love the little soccer stage at the top, I'm going to be the keeper! Lovely landmap, no offense againts the colors and the road marks. Like the small details, like the little bus stop in the middle right of the track. Such a lively track! Although I too think that there are a bit too many palm trees, and I agree with Bruno, the pit exit is too tight and narrow. I kept crashing into the wall, the AI too. Apart from that the scennery is really good, my TE got overdosed with yellow dots from all those persons you've put down :rofl: . The Challenge factor is there, the AI do really well(except the previously mentioned pit exit), but I would appritiate some elevation changes. I know this is a street track, but it's too flat. Anyway, this is a stunning and challenging track! Great work, Areen! :bg:
:star: 4,5/5 :star:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:14 am
Profile E-mail

I am not a big fan of street tracks (because I always get at least a little amount of damage every single f#$%ing lap!!! :evil: ), but this is one most of the most drivable ones I have ever raced on. Plus it looks uber-spectacular!!! :bowdown:

9.9/10!! :bg:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:43 am
Profile E-mail

GeneRally Trackmaster

Really nice layout you have created there! I would like to see a version of it without the chicane after pit and an hairpin in there.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Maciej can hide :D

Hat down, this is masterpiece

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:10 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

GeneRally Wizard

This is too wonderful :shock:
5/5!

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:54 pm

Wow! I wish they had a street circuit like that in real life!

http://www.myracingcareer.com/r15894/

http://www.gpro.net/?id=101023

Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:03 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 12, 4.92 on the average.Ratings: 12, 4.92 on the average.Ratings: 12, 4.92 on the average.Ratings: 12, 4.92 on the average.Ratings: 12, 4.92 on the average.