[stc] [cir] Johnq Bay Yard

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Areen

[stc] [cir] Johnq Bay Yard

Post by Areen »

Hello again. This is my newtest creation: Johnq Bay Yard. I hope you'll like it. ;)
g-r.png
Attachments
Johnq Bay Yard.rar
(47.49 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
YoNnie

Re: [stc] [cir] Johnq Bay Yard

Post by YoNnie »

Oh my.. It's fantastic! I very very like sreet circuits, and your is awesome! When I saw first screens about this track, I don't think, that this may look like that I see now :O
ALL TRACKS
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

Awesome! :yummy:
Reminds me of the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
Only bad thing is that i would get epilepsy on the back-straight after a few laps. :P
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
puttz

Post by puttz »

Wow, beautiful circuit :bg: Can't wait to see how it drives. Usually I'm more focused on how a track drives than how it looks, but this one impresses me.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Well, visually this is very close to 5/5 (who really knows, if it's the best possible, someone else can always prove us wrong), but having tested it, I have to tell you about a few small downsides: The area after the roundabout is way too narrow. Also the very close wall on the inside always kicks me to the soft wall (Snakeditor can't do magic either, and so there are little bumps in the walls... :shhh: It's worst there, because there you need the space even more, but I've got the same impressions in all other corners where you used this technique. It also doesn't make the track look better IMO :worried: ). Btw, the AI's have similar problems if there are 2 or 3 cars next to each other. Otherwise they're quite competitive (apart from the first corner where I kept kicking them against the wall to gain an advantage :cool2: ). Next, the water area of the track looks quite cheap compared to the lovely details everywhere else :love: Finally, I'd like to request also a non-line version (you could color all lines in light grey), because now the track is very lively but sometimes maybe even a bit too colourful :D

4,8/5 :star:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

This is epic! :shock:

2 minor complains - palm trees are bit everywhere on both sides of roads, if some streets would have them only on one or other side, it'd change the rhythm. Also at some places it'd improve car visibility a bit (as Mr.J noted). Second, which I didn't noticed in preview, the bay looks bit strange to me with darkest areas (deepest) on banks, centre light (mild looking). But maybe it's logical in fact (marina)?

Anyway, rating similar to XXY', so 5 stars. :bg:

BTW mayI ask why Johnq in the name? :scratch:
Areen

Post by Areen »

Thank you all guys for the good opinions. :goodvibes:
Trigger Happy wrote:BTW mayI ask why Johnq in the name? :scratch:
Just because. I don't have any track in my "portfolio" starting from "J" so that's why and ofc i'm lying :>
ExiooPL

Post by ExiooPL »

WOW! Areen you're a genius. This is your best track. I can not enjoy the ride after him. I really like the idea of ​​a pit-stop. 5,1/5! :bg:
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Very great street circuit, it kinda reminds me of Toronto, St. Petersburg, and even Homebush. And the roundabout reminds me of Bayfront Park street circuit. The only problem I have with this track is the pit exit is way too narrow. I think with a SP with limiters version would fix this issue, maybe. But, nonetheless, except for that, the track is adorable.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Love the scenery of your track. There might be too much palms, but never mind.... :mrgreen:
I am agreeing with XYY that some sections are too narrow for 2-3 cars driving side by side, and I have to admit the colour of the curbs are not really my cup of tea, however, there is no doubt about it that your track deserves at least 4,8/5 stars. :bg:
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

Your eyes must get used to this colorful masterpeice to race on it confidently! :bg: Love the little soccer stage at the top, I'm going to be the keeper! Lovely landmap, no offense againts the colors and the road marks. Like the small details, like the little bus stop in the middle right of the track. Such a lively track! Although I too think that there are a bit too many palm trees, and I agree with Bruno, the pit exit is too tight and narrow. I kept crashing into the wall, the AI too. Apart from that the scennery is really good, my TE got overdosed with yellow dots from all those persons you've put down :rofl: . The Challenge factor is there, the AI do really well(except the previously mentioned pit exit), but I would appritiate some elevation changes. I know this is a street track, but it's too flat. Anyway, this is a stunning and challenging track! Great work, Areen! :bg:
:star: 4,5/5 :star:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Elit3noob

Post by Elit3noob »

I am not a big fan of street tracks (because I always get at least a little amount of damage every single f#$%ing lap!!! :evil: ), but this is one most of the most drivable ones I have ever raced on. Plus it looks uber-spectacular!!! :bowdown:

9.9/10!! :bg:
haha tricked you ;P
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Really nice layout you have created there! I would like to see a version of it without the chicane after pit and an hairpin in there.
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Maciej can hide :D

Hat down, this is masterpiece
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

This is too wonderful :shock:
5/5!
Joey Zyla

Post by Joey Zyla »

Wow! I wish they had a street circuit like that in real life!