[cir] Canadian Rockies

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
RANDOM OYSTER

[cir] Canadian Rockies

Post by RANDOM OYSTER »

Hi guys,
This is my first post here and the first track I ever made:) I like it, maybe someone will use it too. I'm looking for any suggestions/comments so I could improve my works in the future!

Cheers
an oyster
Attachments
Clipboard01.gif
Canadian Rockies.rar
(11.19 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
puttz

Re: [cir] Canadian Rockies

Post by puttz »

Well, the layout is pretty good in my opinion. Here are some things you could improve, though:
1. Use some external editors on the lmap (paint, photoshop, etc.) to make it look better. The track would look a lot better if you added some dithering to the tarmac, and put some kerbs on the track and things like that.
2. The wall placement could be better, it is over top of the tarmac in a lot of spots. Also, as I'm sure other people might suggest, use hay bales instead of soft walls because the bright red kind of messes up the look, although in the case of this track I don't think it's so bad.
3. The pits... well, they need a lot of work. First off, they should be facing in the direction the cars are going instead of being perpendicular to the direction of racing like they are at the moment. Also, you should try to make a pit lane, or at least a continuous area of tarmac instead of little circles where the pit crews are. It would look a lot better and more realistic that way.

You might want to check out some of the track-making tutorials that are in the tutorial section, they will help you make much better tracks :bg: Keep working and you will get better. There will probably be others that can help you improve and have better suggestions, I am far from being an expert track maker :P
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

Not bad. I think, you would get much better, that would be to create many tracks.

My first track was very miserably poor..
Anyway, keep creating. ;)
RANDOM OYSTER

Post by RANDOM OYSTER »

Thanks for the replies, I will read the tutorials and improve the track:) thx for pointing out the errors.

cheers
oyster
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

This track would be better if you add road lines (lines in the middle of the road, can't think the real name), but other than that, it has a good layout, you should make more tracks :)
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog