[cir] Kapfenberg Park

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Eroture

[cir] Kapfenberg Park

Post by Eroture »

Hello once again! It's been over half a year since I post new FFRS circuit. I haven't forget this operation ;)

Fiction Formula Racing Series (FFRS)

Kapfenberg Park
is a fiction track in Kapfenberg, Austria.

5th round of 19 races.

Details:

Kapfenberg GP
Length : 636 m
Turns : 14

Kapfenberg Short
Length : 523 m
Turns : 7

It is much shorter than other tracks in the series, but obviously it's not the point.
Kind of interesting detail is, that short version has half less turns than GP version, but GP version is just little more than 100 m longer.

For the first time, I used GeneRally Hmap Editor and that was the element that made me create a new track. I hated making hmap with old-fashion-way so thats why :bsmile:

When I look at this track finished now, I feel that it need something more...
Attachments
Kapfenberg.png
KapfenbergS.png
Kapfenberg.rar
(75.3 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
Last edited by Eroture on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valtteri Bottas, Heikki Kovalainen, Kimi Räikkönen, Mika Salo, Mika Häkkinen, JJ Lehto, Keke Rosberg, Mikko Kozarowitzky, Leo Kinnunen
puttz

Re: [cir] Kapfenberg Park

Post by puttz »

It looks really nice :) Do you have any plans to make a compo involving your series of tracks? Because I think that would make a very fun compo.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Eroture, great track! Only one attention: Use hay bales instead of the soft walls. "soft" looks ugly.
ALL TRACKS
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I think here it's quite looking quite appropriate, not too many and overall fit to the red-white kerbs and concrete walls, so participate on the ''Austrian'' mood, yellow hay bales would weaken it. :scratch:
Eroture

Post by Eroture »

Thank you all for feedback :bg:

My plan is to make these planned 19 tracks, and later put all of them to a 1 pack, including feedback/my own updates, fixes. Hope I could make atleast one track during Christmas holidays + this one, what I have already doned :bsmile:
Valtteri Bottas, Heikki Kovalainen, Kimi Räikkönen, Mika Salo, Mika Häkkinen, JJ Lehto, Keke Rosberg, Mikko Kozarowitzky, Leo Kinnunen
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

It's a bit silly how people are automatically always negative towards soft walls. I agree with Ivo, at least in this track they probably look better than hay bales would.

The track is good but like you said it does feel to be missing something. It could be improved with, for example, more variation in forests (different tree types, more inconsistent placement of trees) and some facilities here and there around the track, such as behind stands (you can check some trackmasters' tracks to see how they've done these sort of things). Another thing is, that you should try to think where concrete walls aren't necessary. I haven noticed, that often the track looks the better the less it has walls.
I assume the track is made with snakeditor? Sometimes you can see it clearly and I think it gives the track a slightly bad look, like it kinda is too systematical. I don't know how to fix it though.

Anyway, it's a good track, but I think that with more attention to details it could be turned into a great one. :)
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

This is a really good track, and a neat presentation! :bg: I'm only dissatisfied with some bits of the scennery. Not the soft walls, they are okay! If the color hurts your eyes then modify the palette. The main building behind the pits is too simple I think. Some cars could be in the carpark, and I feel like there should be something in the tarmac area on the left side, a banner for example. But these are only subjective criticisms, no major flaw. I like the GP version better! :bg: The Ai makes fun of me in the short one. :mad:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§