[roa] Stoned-Pit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
McBidouille

[roa] Stoned-Pit

Post by McBidouille »

Hello guys, :bsmile:

Time to get off of [cir] tracks for the moment, I feel the need to create more original tracks...Here is a first one that is quite conventional though.Remember that there is three pit crew placed along the road and not in the pits.I think that putting them there would be more coherent with the spirit of this track.
Many interesting ideas are growing in my head for later tracks that will have no comparison points with conventional ones.

Hope that this one will bring you fun. Take care about the sneaky stones that are sometimes on your way and the snow that can disturb your race. :scared:
Good luck to finish first, I've tried many times...

BB. :bg:
Attachments
Stoned-Pit.rar
(44.98 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Stoned-Pit.PNG
Pixels are stronger than polys!
DuklaLiberec

Re: [roa]Stoned-Pit

Post by DuklaLiberec »

The abstract style is just catching my eyes. :shock: It does appear conventional and original to me, but I am wondering about the somewhat weird placement of these three houses close to the rails. Speaking of these, having bushes on them is quite bizarre basically to me, too. It does not matter very much nonetheless, and putting pit crews along the track makes it more interesting. :) The snow and the rocks are not such kind of a huge problem, too. ;)

PS: Don't forget to seperate the tag from the circuit name :shhh:
McBidouille

Post by McBidouille »

Thanks Dukla for the feedback. You are really true when you talk about the houses and the bushes. I should be more attentive next time. I found too another important mistake, as the AI drivers cannot use the pits crew, because of an incorrect AI pit line that I made first where the houses are placed, and that I didn't corrected. :doh:

Thanks though to you.
BB. :bg:
Pixels are stronger than polys!
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

I like the atmosphere and the landscape! Though those houses are placed weirdly, but they are okay. They aren't in the way as some fences or cactuses (the rocks are okay in the snow, but I've never seen any cactus in snow); and the corner in the upper right is a bit hard to see from the trees. It's kind of frustrating to drive in to the corner when you can't really see, after all the track is covered with inconveniently placed objects which you try not to crash into.

Otherwise the track is fun to drive and the Ai is good enough to not crash into things. :D Although the landmap could be more detailed and some objects should have been placed elsewhere. I love the screenie you've posted and would have liked to try the track out in that form, so next time please post a link to the palette or include it in the ZIP! :yummy: A good track for some kart race!
:star: 4/5 :star:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§