[cir] Calxsis

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
AeroWiewiur
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Calxsis

Post by AeroWiewiur »

Hi Guys! :wave:

Calxsis is my second track. I hope it's better than first

Please Comment
Attachments
Calxsis_v.1.1.rar
version 1.1
(46.94 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
version 1.1
version 1.1
Calxsis.rar
(46.37 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
shot0004.png
Last edited by AeroWiewiur on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my English
Glen

Re: [cir] Calxsis

Post by Glen »

Very nice track! I like the dithering (yes...) and every single object is wonderfully placed!
Maybe a lack of wall, or something bigger than just moveable cones between the house and the stand.
It's your taste.

EDIT: Oh! I can't allready nominated it for TOM, nomination aren't open :)
AeroWiewiur
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AeroWiewiur »

Glen wrote:Very nice track! I like the dithering (yes...) and every single object is wonderfully placed!
Maybe a lack of wall, or something bigger than just moveable cones between the house and the stand.
It's your taste.

EDIT: Oh! I can't allready nominated it for TOM, nomination aren't open :)
Thanks! I can improve something
Sorry for my English
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Very nice work as the second track! Keep going that way :D
ALL TRACKS
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Very good track but... I wanna see sth but I don't know what XD
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
AeroWiewiur
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AeroWiewiur »

What do you think about this version?
Attachments
calxsis.png
Sorry for my English
Glen

Post by Glen »

PERFECT, absolutely PERFECT!

My favorite track of this year!!! The year is not over...

Maybe it would be nice if you update your first post and post your new .trk file :)
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

I really like your track, it features a solid layout (seemed better and better with every lap when I was competing against time), lmap is very neat, objects are very well placed.. I think you're onto something here. :bg:
I really like the grass dithering, it kind of creates that tropical mood for me, together with palm trees and beach side location. The second screenshot looks better, mostly because it adds more detail, more proof of human activity around the track, thus making the track look more alive, so to speak.
For your future trackmaking I suggest you look a bit more into hmap editing, as this raceway could use a bit of elevation changes here and there to add some excitement. Also you should pay attention to POV. I'll try to explain, what I mean.

Every track has it's own "epicentre", or focal point, which is the general area of each track. It's not always the track centre, as one would think, as it's influenced by things such as rotation, angle and zoom, so this focal point can get a bit shifted sometimes. That's what happened here with your POV. The track's epicentre shifted a bit downwards, as the area near the bottom is better visible and more "exposed" than the rest of the track. That makes the top part of the track feel a bit distant, and since your layout is more or less in the centre and top of the map, the track looks a bit distant too. So next time, if you want a low angle like here, make the centre of your map a bit closer to the bottom.
I think the same problem is with your first track (Rally Poland), that the epicentre (which more or less corresponds with the actual track centre) of the track is very empty and all the action is taking place around it. Just an example of what I'm talking about.
I hope what I said made any sense.. :shy:

Sorry if I got carried away with this comment, just wanted to give you my input on this, as I think you have great potential! :up: :bsmile:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
AeroWiewiur
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AeroWiewiur »

egamed, thanks to you for advice!

I have already updated my track
Sorry for my English
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

egamad has a point :) I totally agree with him.

You did improve since last track :bg:. Maybe you could've sprayed a little bit fo runoffs but maybe that'd ruin the scene :scratch:. Anyway it is fun to drive and I like it :D.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Mad Dan wrote: Maybe you could've sprayed a little bit fo runoffs but maybe that'd ruin the scene
it would without any doubt
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Mad Dan wrote:Maybe you could've sprayed a little bit fo runoffs
Basically run-off is area outside the curve, which is cleared of any bushes, trees, houses, crowd, poles etc, which may be crashed into, only safe empty grass remains. Putting there sand/tarmac is only later (arguably higher) level of runoff, but this track already has run-offs as is now, e.g. for the sharp 3rd turn. :)

BTW like others told, very nice track! :up: