[kar] [cir] Kubicovka

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
FRUKIScze

[kar] [cir] Kubicovka

Post by FRUKIScze »

Hi all folks.
Here is my first track, what I ever released. I know, that AI line need to rework ( I tried for a hour and I can't find ideal AI line), so any tips how to do it are welcome. :bg: And one very important thing. USE ONLY GO-KART! Any tips, how to improve my later tracks and any comments to this track (of course) are welcome.
:feedback:
Cheers
FRUKIScze
Attachments
Kubicovka.rar
(17.52 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Kubicovka.PNG
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [kar] [cir] Kubicovka

Post by Bouncebackability »

Tips for future tracks? A bit more experimenting really. The LMAP detail on the grid is nice, not always something you see in beginners tracks, also your hmap appears smooth, although perhaps could have been move one square left as that would help the wall going onto the bridge, but the track is fairly wide and logical.

However think about it like this; the track is temporary, set up on what? its just an expanse of tarmac at the moment, you could have played around with the car park idea, using areas between thin grass banks, the ramp structure could be temporary made from boards (make the sides of the hmap oil colour). There also would be so many stands really, You did well with the people, but the area to the left could be just pier (with concrete posts to tie the boats too, maybe some palm trees?)

My final point would be the zoom, if you changed it 90 degrees anti-clockwise and zoomed in much more, and perhaps a tiny bit lower, to remove the sky at the bottom I reckon it would be a fun track to see. Combined with a redesigned dock area and it would have a nice background to it as well!

Don't take this as too negative, it's not bad, the ai line is ok, could just be a bit more of a constant arc in places although my ai lines aren't particularly strong either, its very clean looking which many 1st tracks aren't, and it looks fairly well thought out, but it just needs you to play around more with surroundings. If you ever get stuck, go outside or google it...
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

The track is smoothly made for someone creating his very first track. I am agreeing with BBA that you could rotate it 90° anticlockwise and slightly zooming it to focus more on the layout per se.
In addition to his opinion, the sponsor markings on the tarmac could be (more or less) removed, since drawings and other kind of markings or writings does not really improve the scenery.

Fair start for your first track though. :bg:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Ok. Thanks BBA and Dukla. You help me alot. I will remember your ideas and comments and tips to my future tracks, or what about v2.0?
Any other comments?
:feedback:
Last edited by FRUKIScze on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

FRUKIScze wrote:Ok. Thanks Ivo and Dukla. ...
Not me. :shhh:

BTW bridge, keep both ends of bridge in perfectly same hmap hight, it'll help you to avoid problems with faster cars on exit of the bridge. :)
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Oh. Problem fixed! :oopstable: Sorry Ivo and BBA too. I'll send you chocolate-box. :bg:
And thanks Ivo to comment. Any other comments?
Von Mantov

Post by Von Mantov »

as early work
you are promising ...
my advice is to refine the techniques
but finding your own personal style ...

about the track I think decrease slightly WS

would benefit the gameplay..

pay more attention at the Ai line and the Ai pit line..you can try to import them from your best lap through the TE...without making strange zig zag..

cheering for you
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Ok. Thanks Mantov. I have alot of work with AI lines. And about your tip with import. I can import AI line from my best time? How it works?
Von Mantov

Post by Von Mantov »

first get a clean best lap without Ai...then go to the TE and select import Ai from the menu..select your track and save...if you have problem of car crash on the bridge try tu anticipate the curves before the jump :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I'd add to that tip that 1) try using Mini since it's easy to control and 2) don't cut the corners but instead leave a bit of space between yourself and the apex of the corner since the AI tries to cut the AI line somewhat. :)
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Sorry for later answer. Thanks for getting help with AI line. I will try it :bg: