New World Tour Track Project

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
andrew2209

Re: New World Tour Track Project

Post by andrew2209 »

Also, what is the layout for the track?
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

I've been working on a version of Australia - here's a little teaser pic
Attachments
shot0003.PNG
shot0003.PNG (28.69 KiB) Viewed 6250 times
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
CamrosX
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by CamrosX »

Okay whatever, I deleted it.
"As you may have noticed, I've done this properly."
STOP SCROLLING!!DOWNLOAD ALL OF MY TRACKS: http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=408
Paw

Post by Paw »

Well, it wasn't that bad to go and delete it :shrug:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

It's nice screen Martyn. But the football stadium isn't good to fill free place. This is new world tour project and we have to keep generally-ish. style.
But this is only my :2c:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
puttz

Post by puttz »

You're not required to keep it GR style, FRUKIScze. It might be slightly preferred, but I certainly don't object to someone making a fancier track if they so desire :bg: Carry on, Martyn.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Snorxal

Post by Snorxal »

Looks nice, Martyn...but...this is a football field in Australia ;)
The MCG to be more precise
Attachments
image.jpg
My tracks: Namav and Enu
My JEA contributions: #20 #19 and #18
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

puttz wrote:You're not required to keep it GR style, FRUKIScze. It might be slightly preferred, but I certainly don't object to someone making a fancier track if they so desire :bg: Carry on, Martyn.
Yes. He can do, whatever he wants :bg: But i am just saying my opinion. :bg:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
cocney

Post by cocney »

aussie_generallier wrote:Looks nice, Martyn...but...this is a football field in Australia ;)
World (Americans and Australians) should know that that is NOT football! You should call it soccer or Australian rugby cause it is more simmilar to rugby then to football.
I think that we should make more Generally-ish tracks but it doesn't matter in the end. We are here to make new world tour and to have some fun, I think.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Snorxal

Post by Snorxal »

cocney wrote:
aussie_generallier wrote:Looks nice, Martyn...but...this is a football field in Australia ;)
World (Americans and Australians) should know that that is NOT football! You should call it soccer or Australian rugby cause it is more similar to rugby then to football.
Actually I'm pretty sure the name of it for the rest of the world is "Australian Rules Football", but it was just a suggestion, since it was a track for Australia, I thought it would be more...accurate, or even rugby, which is more popular in other parts of Australia. Soccer..not so popular over here..
Ol7hYa

Post by Ol7hYa »

A game of American (or soccer for some parts of the world) is a 11-player game and this for example: C. Ronaldo, L. Messi of Argentina, "El Kun Aguero" also from Argentina, etc.. You can not use the hand (the archer if but with its rules).
  The American American (everyone gets confused and thinks that in America all played football such. Actually in South America play Soccer, not American Football or Rugby) is another different type of game.
  The Australian American Soccer appears to be different (or soccer with nothing more to some others), other than American Football (north) and different Tembien Rugby (which is similar to American football but I do not know which are the major differences).
It is okay to be a track from autralia You give an example of Australian American for the best ambience.
Give attention to the differences of each type of American in the world!!
Sorry for my bad english!
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Can I do a new version of Indonesia? It's going to be very different from the one in the original because it's going to be a muddy rally track.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Fabrix127 wrote:A game of American (or soccer for some parts of the world) is a 11-player game and this for example: C. Ronaldo, L. Messi of Argentina, "El Kun Aguero" also from Argentina, etc.. You can not use the hand (the archer if but with its rules).
  The American American (everyone gets confused and thinks that in America all played football such. Actually in South America play Soccer, not American Football or Rugby) is another different type of game.
  The Australian American Soccer appears to be different (or soccer with nothing more to some others), other than American Football (north) and different Tembien Rugby (which is similar to American football but I do not know which are the major differences).
It is okay to be a track from autralia You give an example of Australian American for the best ambience.
Give attention to the differences of each type of American in the world!!
Different types of American? You have no idea how wrong you are. Only one version of football has the word American in it.

Soccer is a shorter way of saying of Association Football, which is the game the whole world loves and is known as football in most countries.
Rugby Football is known around the world as Rugby and has 2 variations, League (13 players per team) and Union (15 players per team).
Australian Rules Football is a game which is rarely played outside Australia is a game played on an oval with 4 posts at each end.
American Football (or Gridiron) Is a game played primarily in the United States with some similarity to rugby.

ALL of these games can call themselves Football. Kinda depends on where you're from.

Anyway, that's enough OT on this. The reason I've put the football ground in is I'm loosely basing the track on Albert Park
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
cocney

Post by cocney »

New version of Brasil!
I hope that it is good and that you will enjoy driving on it.
I call that track Circuit of Amazonia when I comment and drive.
I think that layout is pretty Generallyical but everything else isn't.
Enjoy on cocney's Brasil!
Attachments
Circuit of Amazonia.jpg
brasill.zip
(71.53 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
puttz

Post by puttz »

@Rendy: Sorry, but Indonesia already has a good WT track in the original game, the idea here is to create tracks for countries that didn't already have them, or countries with tracks that could be considered a little odd or off the wall.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Just an update, half the track finished
Attachments
shot0005.PNG
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

puttz wrote:@Rendy: Sorry, but Indonesia already has a good WT track in the original game, the idea here is to create tracks for countries that didn't already have them, or countries with tracks that could be considered a little odd or off the wall.
I see... How 'bout Kenya? Can I make that track?
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
cocney

Post by cocney »

Just to remind you, puttz, that you can put Brasil to finished tracks.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Finally got the editing done on WouterVL's Netherlands track, and here's my final product.

Edit: Anyone, please sign up for any of the open tracks (ones that do not have 3 versions made/in progress.) Please try to make a track for one of the countries that is listed, at this point I don't really want to add more.
Attachments
Netherlands.zip
(41.68 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Netherlands.jpg
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Ol7hYa

Post by Ol7hYa »

No progress here? Hope you're doing your respective track. I do not do any other that I've done the two that each user can :vsad: By the way tell your Puttz track is great! Keep well with the progress of their other tracks all users!
Sorry for my bad english!
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Ol... Are you see the weather around? Now is fantastic, so many guys are, for example, playing with friends, meeting yheir families.. I want finish my track, but I haven't time and it goes slow
ALL TRACKS
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

YoNnie, I'm not convinced that Poland's weather is relevant to everyone ;) It would be nice to see progress here.
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Lukeno - honestly, last days the waether wasn't good, but I think in other countries may be quite good. However, this project falls down, I think. :(
ALL TRACKS
puttz

Post by puttz »

If no one else posts some more tracks soon, I'll just post the pack as is since there doesn't seem to be too much more interest. Also, the max number of tracks you may do is 3, not 2. 2 is the maximum number you can book at the same time.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Snorxal

Post by Snorxal »

I'm still working on my version of Australia, I had to start again though, since my computer decided it wanted to die before i could finish it :headbang: