[roa] Country Ride

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[roa] Country Ride

Post by TuomoH »

And another release for today. :D Country Ride is a hmappy narrow road course with houses close to the road so don't use too much damage. The AI line has been designed for the original Formula. Btw, even though I love this type of track, this is my first [roa] release in five years. :o

Comments and criticism welcome. :)
Attachments
countryride.jpg
countryride.zip
(48.39 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
SammieVL

Re: [roa] Country Ride

Post by SammieVL »

Not that this is Deserter, but i couldn't comment on that due to it being so... weird-ish.

At least this is a little less weird. It looks normal (and good), except for your style of adding random squares and rectangles all over the track.
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Areen

Post by Areen »

I must agree with Wouter. I know, you're trying keep your track really different and artistic, but it looks really weird. And finally, this track is completly undrivable for me.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I would merge the ponds, the road has no use anyway. :scratch:

And yeah, it's not easy to drive, but it's road course anyway.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

I love driving this track. It's at the same time frustrating and engaging :mrgreen: The hmap is wonderful, and it doesn't look nearly as steep as it actually is. I kind of like the chaotic lmap too, but I would've preferred a lower view angle :2c:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks guys. :)
WouterVL wrote:except for your style of adding random squares and rectangles all over the track.
Areen wrote:I must agree with Wouter. I know, you're trying keep your track really different and artistic, but it looks really weird.

For this track I didn't do it to be artistic, it's just that my taste on what looks good when it comes to textures has led me to this - ordinary dithering looks boring to me when I try things myself. ;)
Areen wrote:And finally, this track is completly undrivable for me.
AleksiNir wrote:It's at the same time frustrating and engaging :mrgreen:
What Aleksi said is exactly what I was aiming at. :cool2: When I'm designing tracks like these, I need the challenge to be able to enjoy it myself. :)

Other comments?
puttz

Post by puttz »

The layout makes me think of the Sunrocks track by I'm not sure who.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

By DrAanik. I do see a bit of resemblance but it's on quite general level I'd say. It surely wasn't an inspiration since I made the layout and hmap back in 2006, I think. ;)

Still something else?