[ral] [oth] Hungry Sheep

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Kikwik

[ral] [oth] Hungry Sheep

Post by Kikwik »

(What kind of tracks he will show us again ?!?)
Hello again guys ! (and girls, maybe 3 max on this forum, it's a shame...)
Another drawn track and another weird idea which left my mentally disturbed brain... :jester:
Here it is :
HungrySheep.jpg
HungrySheep.zip
(81.35 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Updated version ; better checkpoints and AI Line. Thanks Trigger Happy ! :)

Hungry Sheep, so hungry he's eating the track ! Shoo ! Go away, Pshit ! :D
Be careful, because all the track is pulled and the Hmap is wicked !

If you're happy with this type of tracks, I will continue to make them more often ! :bsmile:
Last edited by Kikwik on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [ral] [oth] Hungry Sheep

Post by Scholl »

Great idea and very well executed, even if this is more of a painting than a track..
Anyhow, keep it coming!!! :)
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

LOL, good one!
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Wow, first Humphrey, now this. I don't want to repeat myself, but I must say, that I greatly enjoy this piece of art. Not only, that the effect you wanted to show is awesome, and that the sheep is perfect with it's quirky eyes and realistic wool ( :o ), but the lmap texture is also rich, and it really suits this track. :bg: To be honest, it may not be the greatest track to race on, but it's still surprisingly flowing and fun, despite the exaggerated hmap.
Kikwik wrote: If you're happy with this type of tracks, I will continue to make them more often ! :bsmile:
Yes, yes! This is what I'm looking for in GeneRally, and you really have talent. You have my full support. :hug:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I must say your tracks are very funny :).
I do classical circuits, cause I very like make new ideas with layouts :D
But it's nice see original tracks and original trackmakers.
That shows we're not the same :)
Last edited by YoNnie on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALL TRACKS
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Wow, 4 replies in ... only 1 hour maybe ?!?
Thanks a lot guys, I didn't think it will have such a success !
Your comments touch my heart, very happy what I've done is appreciated ! :bsmile:
Great idea and very well executed, even if this is more of a painting than a track..
To be honest, it may not be the greatest track to race on, but it's still surprisingly flowing and fun, despite the exaggerated hmap.
Yes, it's difficult to make great tracks with this kind of style, I search fun instead of great made bankings and curves (because I don't know how to do these ! :D )
That shows we,re not the same
Our differences make the beauty of Generally universe, we complete each other ! If all of us were the same with the same style doing the same kind of tracks, quite boring isn't it ? I can't make circuits like you, so I'm happy to have your classical circuits in my Generally folder ! :P
Kikwik wrote:
If you're happy with this type of tracks, I will continue to make them more often !
Anyhow, keep it coming!!!
Yes, yes! This is what I'm looking for in GeneRally, and you really have talent. You have my full support.
No problem, I will continue and thanks a lot for the support ! :hug:

DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

I have to admit that your recent tracks (Humphrey and now this one) shows certain parallels to Tuomo's unique-ish circuits, as you realize your ideas brilliantly into your works even though you have not released a [mic] track so far. :hattip: In terms of the track design, I like the way how you reflect the Hmap to the main aspect of the circuit itself.
egamad wrote:Wow, first Humphrey, now this. I don't want to repeat myself, but I must say, that I greatly enjoy this piece of art. Not only, that the effect you wanted to show is awesome, and that the sheep is perfect with it's quirky eyes and realistic wool ( :o ), but the lmap texture is also rich, and it really suits this track. :bg: To be honest, it may not be the greatest track to race on, but it's still surprisingly flowing and fun, despite the exaggerated hmap.

Agreed. Humphrey was bonkers actually, and that one is quite appealing, too.
Kikwik wrote: If you're happy with this type of tracks, I will continue to make them more often ! :bsmile:
Fair enough then. :) I also would like to see other kinds of circuits coming. :nod:
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Hey, thanks again DuklaLiberec ! You take time to comment all the work done on this forum and I appreciate it. I like Tuomoh's work as well ! His tracks are neat, fun, original...
I will do my best for the next track I will make ! :goodvibes:

happy412

Post by happy412 »

This is truly the "art of month" ;) Might be a ToM! A very nice track, but difficult to drive. Well done ;) Nice to see what comes next... ;)
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

This is truly the "art of month" Might be a ToM! A very nice track, but difficult to drive. Well done
Hey thanks ! Nice to hear ! :bsmile:
Nice to see what comes next...
I'm working on it, and it will be ardent... :twisted:

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I agree, what a great idea and execution. :bowdown: But please, don't underestimate in next tracks certain details, which are more or less technical matter. For example AI line, AIs do terrible slowdown on start, simply because you didn't fix imported line from BL near grid into smooth line, same goes for some checkpoints, some are too short inside (near leaf tree in top-right), other on outside, which is really absurd (e.g. if I would be knocked by AI off the track in 1st turn near the tree near first two checkpoints. As I told, these are minor, technical things, but they limit full enjoyment of the initial idea. :shrug: Please, pay all attention to track as whole, in the end is no reason to rush. :)
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

When I tested it, I was sure it was ok but I will verify what you told because I don't want to give just a great picture but which is not an enjoyable race, which a track must be.
Thanks for the advices, Trigger Happy ! :)
I will fix this for this track as better as I can.
As I told, these are minor, technical things, but they limit full enjoyment of the initial idea. Please, pay all attention to track as whole, in the end is no reason to rush.
You're right. I will take more time to make my tracks, sorry for this ... :sorry:

Edit : It's updated now ! I fix the problems you told me (I hope it's ok). I didn't know about this AI Line problem before. With time, I think I will improve my skills ! :roll: