[cir] Virerios

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
cocney

[cir] Virerios

Post by cocney »

It has been a while since I posted my track alone.
I worked on this for some time.
It hasn't stunning hmap. It isn't so hard to drive on but it is funny. There is perfect driving line which I couldn't get every time.
Some parts of the track I created like some sidewalks in my city that I like to drive on (finish line and first 3 corners).
Enjoy riding on my new track Virerios, and comment so I could improve my skills and get self-confidence.
Attachments
virerios.ovl..jpg
virerios.jpg
Virerios.zip
(174.89 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
The Grimeloid

Re: [cir] Virerios

Post by The Grimeloid »

Hmm, attractive layout and scenery... seems good to me. Will download later on.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Track looks fantastic! I don't see antyhing bad, but I haven't time to race on it. If I will have some time, maybe write something more :)
ALL TRACKS
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

It looks good, it lacks some diversity, its straights connected by constant radius corner, try to use some slightly bent straights, also use many different corner elements in snakeditor to make up a corner which perhaps tightens, or opens up.

Also pit entry is a bit dangerous with that inside wall, and I don't like the 'curved' walls on the inside of the corners, in particular inside turn 6. Here you don't need to curve the wall at all, just have two straight walls with a gap for marshalls.

Other details you've done well, including your dithering on the grassy areas. Keep it up :bg:
Pasketi

Post by Pasketi »

It looks like a mix between kutford and agari... You could try re-creating the same layout with a smaller WS. The straights look a bit too long, so you have a lot of time to line up for the next corner.

The surroundings and also the overall look is good, but the track itself looks dull. It just doesn't say "Generally" imho. More like "LFS".

2,5/5 (not gameplay-tested or professional review. Just a personal opinion)

EDIT: Played 5 laps, I still stand behind my latest review of the track
Never let GeneRally die!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Bouncebackability wrote:It looks good, it lacks some diversity, its straights connected by constant radius corner, try to use some slightly bent straights, also use many different corner elements in snakeditor to make up a corner which perhaps tightens, or opens up.
Yeah, if you had done that, the layout would have been more interesting and challenging imho.
Bouncebackability wrote: Also pit entry is a bit dangerous with that inside wall, and I don't like the 'curved' walls on the inside of the corners, in particular inside turn 6. Here you don't need to curve the wall at all, just have two straight walls with a gap for marshalls.
I don't like it either, look at the difference of the width between the straight and the curved barrier.
barrier.jpg
Pasketi wrote: It just doesn't say "Generally" imho. More like "LFS".
I felt the same way when I was taking a look at it. Layout-wise, it reminds me of a much tinier configuration of Aston Racetrack.

To put my personal impression of your circuit in a nutshell, it lacks some of the characteristics of a diverse and interesting track. Aside from that, I don't really agree with Yonnie's comment that it looks fantastic, but don't get me wrong, it looks rather okay(ish)/good(ish) from my point of view.
cocney

Post by cocney »

You know, it came to me when I released a track and saw picture that that doesn't look so good like it looked before I added river. You are definetly right.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.