[cir] Kurnfield

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
CamrosX
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Kurnfield

Post by CamrosX »

KURNFIELD

Here's another track out of the hundred's I've drawn in my school books. (it's a habit :sweatdrop: )
Kurnfield is based off of American road courses set out in the arid west.
Just a simple, fun track to drive and I hope you feel the same! Enjoy!

Wow Wouter, could you sound more mad...nothing a v2 can't fix, but right now I dont have the time; fixed the zip
Attachments
Kurnfield.zip
(38.07 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Kurnfield.jpg
Last edited by CamrosX on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"As you may have noticed, I've done this properly."
STOP SCROLLING!!DOWNLOAD ALL OF MY TRACKS: http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=408
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: [cir] Kurnfield

Post by Lukeno94 »

Please reupload - the zip is broken. :)
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

The boats on the left look bad, pit lines aren't even with the wall, road width is bad, the trees aren't fitting and aren't dosed well and objects in general look bad, lines in the middle near the helipad look like they've been done with TE, the tunnel looks weird and it really isn't in perspective, most of the LMap, from the screenshot, looks too sharp. And according to Luke even the zipfile is broken...

I just have to say that i seriously do not understand how you're a Trackmaster - your track ideas are pretty creative but a LOT of them are very messy and have quite a bunch of problems. I don't think they're at trackmaster quality. Had to say this for once now.
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

WouterVL wrote:I just have to say that i seriously do not understand how you're a Trackmaster - your track ideas are pretty creative but a LOT of them are very messy and have quite a bunch of problems. I don't think they're at trackmaster quality. Had to say this for once now.
Sometimes creativity, originality, and potency (CamrosX made tons of tracks of all sorts you can imagine during many years in community) may count for much more than if pit lines are or aren't even with a wall. ;-)
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

I understand - i think his tracks are very creative and original, but usually they're too sloppy or noob-looking to appeal to me, i had to get this out for once and if i'd say it somewhere else, it would be inapropriate.
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

WouterVL wrote:I understand - i think his tracks are very creative and original, but usually they're too sloppy or noob-looking to appeal to me, i had to get this out for once and if i'd say it somewhere else, it would be inapropriate.
Alright, Wouter, you have that opinion. No need to enchase it further.

And regarding to the track: the track layout is just perfect in that way, for imagining such stunning circuits are notice books really ideal (I had that time several years ago, too bad that was before GR-period...). The landscape seems enough well-thought for me, although several pathetic runoffs are just weird. There are also great elements, just like the tunnel under backstraight. Maybe several parts are choppy, and I used to not like these, but somehow that doesn't matter me in your style. Maybe because its surrealism catches my eyes, and this makes you a great alternative to say Maciej or BBA.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

I actually feel that this track is very clean and kinda elegant. Maybe it lacks a little bit of interesting scenery though. I agree with wouter about the tunnel, it looks really off, and I don't get why anyone would place such a large tunnel in that spot in real life (I know that tracks don't have to look like rwls, but I just feel like it would be illogical to place it there in general). I really like the track width though. Tracks with the same road width all around just look average, this one looks interesting and special.
Signatures are overrated