[stc] Deter St

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stc] Deter St

Post by TuomoH »

It was so fun making a one hour track that I decided to do it again. :D This time we've got here a street race on abstract-ish streets of a deteriorated city. You may think it's an [oth] but for me it's an [stc]. The AI likes to have it rough. ;) Use Formula.

As usual, comments and criticism welcome. :cool2:
Attachments
deterst.jpg
deterst.zip
(25.38 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
SammieVL

Re: [stc] [oth] Deter St

Post by SammieVL »

Use multiple tags then...

To me it looks better than the previous one, but still, it's not my style and the HMap still looks weird to me...
Gonna test in a moment.

Tested it. The track seems fine, although the HMap gets in your way a LOT when trying to drive, and it makes most of the objects look horrid (like the ones in the left-down corner, the hay bales and soft walls look pretty distorted).
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [stc] Deter St

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks for the comment, Wouter. :)

The track is about deteriorated city so you have to feel it. I love the look of hay bale/soft wall, btw. ;) And the hmap really is the thing here for me. Besides, with just one hour you have to leave some things rough. :D

Anyone found the shortcut yet? ;)
Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

I'm not a big fan of abstract tracks but I have to say that they're really funny to drive especially thanks to hmap (something that isn't often findable in tracks that are beautiful from the visual point of view but they aren't as regards the driving feelings and here I also think about my tracks). :bg:
I found a shortcut between the houses in top-left. :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks for the comment, Dragon. :) And yes, that's the shorcut I meant.

Still some other comments?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I always wonder, how you are able to make so many tracks with layouts more or less near and around map perimeter and it never brings too striking feeling of too square-like layout. Great job. :bg: Driving is OK, visually too, just surprised that only lights are there, but not telephone poles. :scratch:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot, Ivo. :) I don't think the lack of telephone poles is that surprising considering that I haven't used them in this fashion since Nymuto, which was 16 months ago. ;)

Still something else?