[rwl] [cir] Zeltweg Airfield

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
The Grimeloid

[rwl] [cir] Zeltweg Airfield

Post by The Grimeloid »

Since no one do the tracks I want, I will do it by myself. A rotten version of Zeltweg Airfield

http://gdecarli.it/php/index.php?var1=2&var2=2
shot0003.jpg
Zeltweg_Airfield.zip
(9.28 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Zeltweg Airfield

Post by XYY »

Nice try, but I'm not sure if anyone really uses this file when he wants to make a race on Zeltweg Airfield. As long as you enjoy trackmaking, it's alright though.
I haven't downloaded it, but I can say following things from the screenshots:
- The Layout is quite off. The straights have to be closer together, and the proportion between long and short straights doesn't fit at all. Maybe it's good to rotate the track a little bit to use more space.
- Even with the basic editor you can do some neat stuff. As this is an airfield, why aren't there any markings? On photos I've seen that the airfield seemed to consist of concrete blocks. Ok, that may be a bit hard to do. But you could at least add some objects. I'm sure that the track is surrounded by a forest, and that there was a pit building. Also, it can be good to use some sort of track limitation; to avoid that you can shortcut through the grass (But I don't know how much this is possible as I haven't tested the track).
You didn't make any objects at all.
- It looks to me like a lot of the people around here could make a similar track in five minutes or even less. Of course, everyone of us has started like this. But when I look at the other two tracks you released (Bejing and fictional street circuit) I have to say that this one really looks like it was made completely without effort.

I'm aware of that this comment reads pretty negative, and it's probably one of the "RTFM" comments. But really, you could check out some tutorials. Even with spending only little time nice tracks can be made (maybe not masterpieces, but a lot better than this).

Sorry, but I can't give you more than 1 star :?
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

I agree with XYY, this track is far from finished. You should spend more time on putting objects like walls etc.

Plus, since this is an RWL track, you need to be more accurate in layouts and objects. Check others' RWLs for inspiration.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

It looks blank because that's what looked like in the link I showed here. There were no objects at all. So I did the same. But it's alright, I recognize this one is pretty bad.

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

How can you say that there were no objects at all? The layout you found at gdecarli is just a sketch and not enough to make a proper rwl track.
Just look at this photo. Although I don't know that track good enough to say where it is (according to the markings I would guess start-finish straight) it shows you that there were at least some objects you could have added.
And even if you don't find much footage from that time, you can still use current pictures to get at least a bit of the feeling of an airfield. :shrug:
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

Rating: 1,67?? Wow.

This track is joke with* trackmakers

* - i dont know which word use this. I hope you understand me.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Marcinho wrote:Rating: 1,67?? Wow.

This track is joke with* trackmakers

* - i dont know which word use this. I hope you understand me.
What do you mean by that, Marcin?
If I understood, yeah, trackmasters like Maciej and Areen would vomit by seeing tracks made by me

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Can I ask you: How old are you?
NO offence
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

bruno's age is utterly irrelevant to this thread; it's on his profile anyway. As to the track: it's not Zeltweg. It's close to the layout; but that's as close as it gets. Considering you stated that it is a "A rotten version", why did you release it? I don't need to go over how to make better tracks; others have done so already.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

FRUKIScze wrote:Can I ask you: How old are you?
NO offence
I'm 18, but why you ask?
Lukeno94 wrote:bruno's age is utterly irrelevant to this thread; it's on his profile anyway. As to the track: it's not Zeltweg. It's close to the layout; but that's as close as it gets. Considering you stated that it is a "A rotten version", why did you release it? I don't need to go over how to make better tracks; others have done so already.
Simple: No one cared about doing it. I made many requests, but no one got excited about those. So I started making and releasing them on my own. But I stopped after Kleinplasie, which is not so rotten, and is the least worse of the 3

Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

This is what I don't get though; you clearly wanted the track, and a good one, so why did you knock one out in 2 minutes without doing any proper research? Besides, there IS a version of Zeltweg that already exists; -cbfs- made it years ago.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

It's not available on G-Tracks

ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

bruno_arnason wrote:It's not available on G-Tracks
I have it. Scorpion sended it to me today, if you want I can send it to ya.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

My email is:

bruno_arnason (at) hotmail (dot) com

If you have "not available tracks" from G-Tracks, just send to my email... thanks! ;)