[kar] [roa] DriftSchool

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
thegreatfalcon

[kar] [roa] DriftSchool

Post by thegreatfalcon »

I have tried something with Google Maps a bit ago... I said "Hey, there's a legend which says that X pixels worth Xm. In GR, the tracks are supposed to have a maximum width of 255m (world size)... What about that I use a google image at scale to test in practice if it's really true...". I came up with the conclusion that:
1. GR is precise at about 1-2.
2. My cars are too little to fit the real sizes... Well, most of the cars are... I.E.: The general should be 10% larger to have a decent size, IMHO...
Anyways...

DRIFT SCHOOL

Maybe watching F'n'F3 helped a bit but when I took the image of the location, I first tought to my school's bus parking...

:shake:

I first just tested out if the values were like in real and found out that yes, as I explained before, these were right... Tonight, I decided to have a hand at it and transformed it into a drift course... Parking to drift course... Nice, hein? :roll:
The track is maybe a little tricky and has a nice thing called "concrete-walls-that-you-must-enter-in-and-not-wreck-your-car" :) Here goes a lap:

Turn left and head trough the first corner. Second turn: Easy and fast. Now turn right for about 3/4 spin and prepare for the decision. Choose left or right and drift around that hay ball then come back on your skid marks... Handle the next hairpin with care, exiting too large could be fatal. Now comes the fun: Enter that concrete enclosure, brake before the wall (while being sure you don't miss the checkpoint) and put your reverse gear to exit that thing. Tap either left or right arrow key and full throttle to the finishing line!

I've done 18.54 seconds with my Bravo car from my NATO pack. I invite you to have a try (With either Alfa, Bravo or Charlie) and post your times. You can cheat as long as the track permits it :bg: So far:

Code: Select all

1. bhz - 15.19s
2. Rendy - 16.99s
3. The Great Falcon - 18.54s
Please comment and ENJOY!!! :drive:
Attachments
DriftSchool.zip
(38.13 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Drift School.jpg
Last edited by thegreatfalcon on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [kar] [roa] DriftSchool

Post by Trigger Happy »

:iagree:

BTW the idea with parking box is nice, but could be better, if you add a next checkpoint after n. 12 above present n. 11. It can force the driver to use reverse and then go to present n. 13. I know that AIs would have problem with it, but they behave strange in the box anyway now. Maybe 2 versions would be best solution - circuit for racing with AIs without box and then with box for practice solo rides. ;)
Tilt+

Post by Tilt+ »

Super Concept and Super Effect :clap:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samuel Beckett

facebook.com/neeksky
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

DRIIIIIFT FTW!!!

I like this track! Better drive this one :drive:

Edit: I beat your time. However, to be honest I don't want to brag just because I beat your time. I hitted walls many times, at the starting point, at the sharp hairpin (hence because I brake late), and at the point where you stop in that section and reverse it. Nevertheless, I beat your time but I should work harder, other people may do better than I.

Code: Select all

Using Bravo. My lap time is 16,99s
Attachments
I don't lie.
I don't lie.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

It needs lots of skidmarks and lots of scrapes on the walls ( :rolf: ), but looks great otherwise :mrgreen: .
bhz

Post by bhz »

15.19 with Bravo

Again, I won't brag. I DID wallbounce in the parking box section.

NOTE: I did not complete all 227 laps. I Escape > End Race'd
Attachments
I don't lie.
I don't lie.
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Thanks for comments everyone! And, yet, bhz, I must take your result as a valid one since I didn't said it was prohibed to put damage to 0% >< :D

Thanks again for comments and download :bg: