[cir] [mic] Strasse

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
SammieVL

[cir] [mic] Strasse

Post by SammieVL »

Decided i'd make a new track.

:blackfg: Strasse :blackfg:
Strasse.png
A small racetrack on a hill situated in Germany!
It's a fullscreen one, i'm not good at resolutions but i think the track works though. Please say so if it doesn't! :bg:

Have fun!
Strasse.zip
(144.92 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Last edited by SammieVL on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Strasse

Post by Trigger Happy »

This isn't track pack (one track and only PoV differs in the versions), so I removed the tag.

BTW It looks pretty good. :bg:
SammieVL

Re: [cir] Strasse

Post by SammieVL »

Oh, sure! Thanks btw!

It qualifies for Micro too, i just checked, adding that tag!

Well...

SammieVL

Re: [cir] [mic] Strasse

Post by SammieVL »

I want moar comments :evil:

Well...

YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Personally, I don't like micro tracks like that, so I don't download, but I think that:
- track is very colorfull. Yes, green, yellow, brown, grey... It looks very nice, and is nice to seeing.
- Good lmap! Nice dithering (minimalism), and looks nice for eye too.
- (I think) good hmap, if you do it smooth. Propably racing on it give fun, because turns goes smoothly
But I have some minuses:
- Too many objects. Yeah, it's clorful and nice, but, I think, you wanted make.. everything. You wanted also make it good, and it is good. Remember, on not rwl tracks the layout is the most important thing, scenery (it would be goog), ok, it must look nice too, but you overact it.
- Pit lane. It's boring. Only entrance, pits, exit.. I know, it do what it should do, but is not good as rest of track.
However quite nice track!
ALL TRACKS
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Thanks!

Well one thing - it's not really micro, but i found out it was later on. Atleast it's just below 15 seconds so it qualifies for it. If the tag was removed, would you actually play it then?

Also, i don't get what you mean with minimalism - i definitely don't see how the dithering is simple. The road seems simple but it does have a technique behind it and it would have been simple if i wouldn't have added the dithering at all.

About the objects, i also don't see what's really wrong with them. I rather feel like i gave a lot of detail to the whole track. I consider myself very good at object placement, by the way.

Well...

YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Minimalism in dithering.. I mean that dithering is slight. And object, yes, they have a lot of details, but there is a "crowd" too.
ALL TRACKS
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Maybe, Wouter, the matter is hidden in location of your details? E.g. the village looks great, but it should be the surrounding, background of a track. But you put it on foremost place of the ''composition'' and layout in its background. :scratch:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

If you are looking for inspiration for composition, check most of egamads work :bg:. Mainly his TE only tracks can be good tip for you :).

You quite overused objects in a way, it feels just way too crowded, try to experiment with "empty" spaces a bit more. Like trying to find balance between meadows and trees in forests and such :). This track reminds me of GRF, maybe try to check his tracks too so you can see how can you fit small layouts in surroundings in quite impressive way. This track is not boring it's just a bit generic by layout, you know :D.

BTW saying you consider yourself very good at object placement is not a very cool way to convince people :D.